SAHM Needs Help Please!

1. Hello Ladies, this is my first post. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have found this site. I foresee this may create problems for me!!

OK, I am currently a stay at home mom with 2 young daughters. Thankfully I am over the diaper bag stage but still need to carry snacks and diapers. However, I also do some work from home and need to carry notebooks and files also when I'm away.

I would love something gorgeous, not too heavy, with a zipper to store my wallet but I love compartments, usually over the shoulder....

Any suggestions??? When I was working, I had Gucci, Prada, Burberry, etc... But I don't like any of them anymore. I've been using Un Apres Midi De Chien lately- it's cute but I want something more.

I can't wait to hear your suggestions. Thanks so much!!!

2. Balenciaga Day bag.

Here is mine...
    [​IMG]

3. Price range? Do you like simple, or do you like hardware decorating your bags? You're familiar with great designers, so you know Tod's--they have classic looking bags that would be large enough for your needs, nice leather. I'd have to check individual styles for zipper compartments. I'll think of some more.

Welcome!!:welcome:

4. Hi guys- Thanks so much for the welcome. I'm already checking out the Balenciaga ones :smile:

Price range- I dunno!?!?! I guess less than 1k, however, I would hate to spend that much and then one of my kids damages the bag or a juice box ends up leaking all over the place.

I would like something "different" but not overly trendy. I would not want something that screams "Spring 2007!!!"

5. Cole Haan is a quality bag at very reasonable prices; good leather, classic styles. I guess I'm thinking of names of bags I've bought and liked the quality and letting you do the work of browsing styles--I'm computer-challenged and not good at posting pics. MMJ has great bags/soft leather too, but the styling while not extreme at all, could be labeled as 2006 or 2007. I still like a lot of the styles better than MJ's regular lineup.

6. Balenciaga Work or Day?

7. I think a Balenciaga hobo is the best bet, or a Mulberry Bayswater

8. Thanks again!!

Where can I check out Balenciaga bags in person? I live near the Short Hills Mall in NJ- Neiman Marcus, Saks, etc... I never owned this brand so I am unfamiliar where they are sold.

Thanks!

9. NM at the Short Hills mall sells them. I can meet you there tomorrow:graucho:

10. What time????? LOL! I'm serious!

11. I really am trying to get there tomorrow. I have a bag to exchange :rolleyes: . If I can get there it'll be around 11

12. Who knows, I may be there around the same time!!

13. pf members hang at alot of the same places :smile:

14. For that price, the B day bag is great. I have had two and they are light, easy to carry and look great. They are very casual though, so it truly would be a "day" bag.

15. How about Goyard??? Completely washable too and beautiful...tote has an attached wallet inside but no compartments. I also suggest a LV backpack in classic mono...I always found that having my hands free was a huge help when my girls were little. I actually gave my sister a classic Prada backpack when she had her baby and she loves it. Also, Prada large messenger/sling works well.