Sacrilege, I know--but which brands or bags have the best, realistic fake leather?

I was inspired to ask this by a blog posting from a very fashionable looking blogger* who wrote of carrying a pleather bag that garnered a lot of compliments before she bought a really good one.

Do any of you use fake leather bags? Are there particular bags or brands that you recommend or that could fool even a bag enthusiast?

LunaBoston says some of the Matt & Nats are really real looking but it doen't note which ones in particular.

Thanks in advance.

*Because of the ban on linking to other fashion sites (besides stores) I can't link to it--but if you Google "Pretty Little Pradas" and "Bags Galore" you'll find the post.

:sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:
Real scientists, with real credentials, show global warming is real: RealClimate » Michael Crichton’s State of Confusion

I've seen some bags from H&M that are not leather but very trendy and look like leather....def. something I would consider if I loved the style of one of their seasonal bags!

The H&M bag that I have is really cute but the fake leather just feels AWFUL to the touch! I sometimes use it in the rain. But recently I bought a Chinese Laundry fake leather bag (it was on sale for $37 from lunaboston.com Luna Boston | Browse for ChineseLaundry and it really looks like leather (it's fooled a lot of people from up close) and it feels really nice. I'm no leather expert but if I was given a blindfolded test I would say it was leather.

I prefer faux suede (Ultrasuede) to faux leather, as it's more tactile and unlike real suede, it's wipe-clean! :yes:

If you can afford it, Stella McCartney is always great for stylish and good quality faux leather and faux suede bags. :biggrin:

Nope, never. I wouldn't spend the money that a good bag commands unless it's leather. If one is looking for leather alternatives, there's always coach signature, or their summer canvas line, or LV canvas.

but Pleather? Never.

i can't for the life of me remember where i read about this, but vegans obviously don't carry or wear leather so they are a good source for you. search here (maybe i read something on this forum??) or on google.

I just bought a Stella McCartney on sale. At first I thought it was leather until I remembered she doesn't work with it. I'm sure that's why it didn't sell because it the texture is so unique, like a vintage patent that's been distressed and crackled. I actually think it's cooler that it's fake and it's made really well, just like a luxury bag. I haven't worn it yet but my B bags will be shelved for pleather! :smile: