Sable in Action

I think the first one is a classic, Ari. The only suggestion that I have is to wear something simple underneath. The white blouse is pretty but the ruffles around the necklace and wrist kinda adds weight. Maybe show a bit wrist and skin can reduce the overall heaviness of the coat a lot. Other than that the coat is gorg!

I don't like the second one on you at all. It's not very flattering.

Ah ok. Makes sense. Would like to see it buttoned then. I'm leaning toward your old coat.

I'm leaning towards the old coat also, or a different short coat. This short one, the sleeves are too bulky and the colour is nicer on the long one.

And, omg, the buttons look like eyes. Please say no.

(sorry if anyone liked it) :flowers:

Oh dear Ari, I would not trade in your old coat. The colour and length is so beautiful. Take it in more if you have to, for a more slim fit.

I think the first one is a classic, Ari. The only suggestion that I have is to wear something simple underneath. The white blouse is pretty but the ruffles around the necklace and wrist kinda adds weight. Maybe show a bit wrist and skin can reduce the overall heaviness of the coat a lot. Other than that the coat is gorg!

I don't like the second one on you at all. It's not very flattering.

Thank you dear ladies! I'll keep my old coat!

Hi Ladies. I wanted to join this thread with a cute story. I have several fur coats of varying styles/lengths. 3 I purchased (not sable) 1 was inherited. The inherited was small and it came to me cauz I was only one who fit in it. Had no idea what it was. Took it to my fur store where I store my coats in summer. Turns out it's sable!The clerks at fur store love it! They said it's in great condition and worth more than any of my other fur coats! I dont wear it much since I feel it's dressy? Plus it's short so not as warm. Seeing this thread I thought maybe I should wear it more often. Here it is. View attachment 3522629

Love this!!! Beautiful coat. If you want to, you can ask your furrier to get off the sleeves and use it to lengthen the jacket to a vest. I did that with my sable coat (was a short coat but with beautiful sleeves) so I had it made into a long vest. It's great!!

Reactions: snibor
Love this mink! The sleeves are so different, what is the fur? Does not look like mink to me?
I think they are mink, just a darker colour.
Dear ladies, I need an advice
This is my sable coat that I bought at great discount, it was a very big size. My furrier fixed for my twice, made it first smaller and this year a made it shorter, I still feel like a bear in it
View attachment 3527654
It's absolutely gorgeous - I see you made your decision. Congratulations.
Now I can get this new one, but I can keep only one
View attachment 3527658
View attachment 3527659
View attachment 3527661
The color is nicer but the fit - I'm [emoji848]
I still look huge!
What to do?
Keep my old coat, or sell it and get the new one?
I also love this one.
This one came in but unfortunately It's still so big that I am swimming in it. The cut is beautiful, the collar is cute. However the shoulder does make one look big. Ari is right. I passed it.

View attachment 3528910
The fur looks really good quality.

Love this mink! The sleeves are so different, what is the fur? Does not look like mink to me?
The sleeves I think are mink too.
Dear ladies, I need an advice
This is my sable coat that I bought at great discount, it was a very big size. My furrier fixed for my twice, made it first smaller and this year a made it shorter, I still feel like a bear in it
View attachment 3527654
What a beautiful coat. If made slightly slimmer fitting then I have this as a perfect coat. I would definitely choose this over the other one.

Now I can get this new one, but I can keep only one
View attachment 3527658
View attachment 3527659
View attachment 3527661
The color is nicer but the fit - I'm [emoji848]
I still look huge!
What to do?
Keep my old coat, or sell it and get the new one?

ari, I am late to the party but I love your old coat on you ~ actually the new coat looks more vintage because of the big buttons imo. Your furrier did a lovely alteration of your old coat and you don't look like a bear! Or if you are a bear, I would like to look like that in a heartbeat. :hugs:

Reactions: snibor
I like the cut and the collar bit if it isn't right then so be it.

The collar and the cut are the reason I fell in love with it.

Do you need to size down perhaps?

This is already an S, the smallest they have. I will have to do a SO to get an even smaller one as the furrier does not carry many in stock.

The fur looks really good quality.

It is and it looks way better IRL. It's also of a hefty amount so I need it to be perfect. [emoji37]

The collar and the cut are the reason I fell in love with it.

This is already an S, the smallest they have. I will have to do a SO to get an even smaller one as the furrier does not carry many in stock.

It is and it looks way better IRL. It's also of a hefty amount so I need it to be perfect. [emoji37]

I understand. I always have a problem with sizes, it really limits what I can buy and that's a good thing!

Reactions: Flip88