S Korea to host conference on condom size

1. Fresh from summit diplomacy with North Korea, South Korea's government now faces an entirely new challenge -- trying to set international quality and size standards for condoms.

The five-day meeting, organised by the International Organisation for Standardisation and the Seoul government, will begin next Monday on the southern resort island of Jeju.

The commerce ministry's standardisation agency expects 100 people from 50 nations to take part, agency spokesman Yoo Yong-Jae told AFP.

South Korean firms led by Unidus Corp account for some 30 percent of global condom sales.

"Demand has been growing for years for unified international standards on the size and quality of condoms to ensure users are protected from disease and women from pregnancy," Unidus chief Kim Sung-Hoon told Yonhap news agency.

"The size of South Korean condoms now meets international standards, helped by an increase in the size of men's penises here," he was quoted as saying.

Globally, 80 major companies are capable of producing 12 billion condoms a year but annual demand is just eight billion, he said.

Citing the good quality of South Korean condoms, he said his company would lobby for the World Health Organisation and other participants to adopt Korean standards.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071004/od_afp/skoreasexcondomsoffbeat_071004171052;_ylt=At6DnSw24VC1XuxMHAKSm3mgOrgF

2. Regulation on condom sizing? At least they are taking interest in safe sex and barrier contraception.

"The size of South Korean condoms now meets international standards, helped by an increase in the size of men's penises here," I don't have words for that hehehe! They must be proud of themselves ;)

3. Is this for real?

Simply, utterly....laughable. Sounds like men in this country are having self-esteem issues with their...lol

4. Well I am sure everyone has their idea of what "international standards" are and this is not a "large" country. Seeing as I am no virgin...far from it, and seeing I have dabbled :rolleyes: in some asian cultures many years ago, I want to know how they are increasing their penis size as a population. Have a big part of the population gone for penile implants? It is the water filtration system? I think some american men can benefit from it also.

5. :roflmfao: They must all be buying from those ridiculously irritating spammers that send me mail every day advising me on how to increase my penis size! My emails telling them that I don't have one have proved futile! :roflmfao:

6. This
    is
    SO
    H I L A R I O U S
    !!!!!!​

7. We can only imagine the brainstorming going on in the Tourism Department.

Why are these Korean women smiling?

Discover Seoul's Not-So-Little Worst-Kept Secret!

Now with bigger penises than ever!

8. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

9. "Gives the words 'foot long' a WHOLE new meaning!"

10. :roflmfao: :roflmfao::roflmfao: :lol: That's gold ShimmaPuff

11. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

How DO they measure the "avg size" of a country or race? I can't really think of how this can be accurately done:confused1:

12. LMAO.... I'm glad they're starting to meet international standards!! That's quite, ahem, an accomplishment! Now I wonder how they go about measuring to get the average size....

13. And somewhere in Korea, a high school guidance counselor carefully arranges a display of Career Opportunity pamphlets...

14. :roflmfao:

15. They can't even come up with some international regulations for shoe size, how are they going to pull this off for condoms??