Ryan Phillippe

ryan_phillippe.jpg
He knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier for Ryan Phillippe to see ex-wife Reese Withersoon with her new man.

"It's bizarre," the actor told USA Today Wednesday, adding that he avoids looking at photos of Witherspoon and boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal.

"There's plenty of times when I say, 'What a strange situation I've found myself in,' " he said. "But at a certain point you know it's going to happen, so you are prepared."

Phillippe, 33, split from Witherspoon – the mother of his two children, Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4 – in October 2006. The actress's new romance first made headlines last March, when she and the Brokeback Mountain star were spotted dining at L.A.'s Il Sole.

As for Phillippe's own love life, the actor – who's been linked to actress Abbie Cornish – remained reticent. "It's just something I would really rather not address," he told the paper. "It has to be a 'no comment.' "

He also insists that despite a painful divorce, he isn't ruling out a second marriage.

"I can see doing it again, yeah," he said. "And I can certainly see possibly having children again. I'm pretty young, and there are many beautiful things about that idea of marriage and family. It just doesn't always work out perfect for everybody."

"And I can certainly see possibly having children again. I'm pretty young, and there are many beautiful things about that idea of marriage and family. It just doesn't always work out perfect for everybody."

why, Ryan? So you can cheat on her too? Ruin another marriage and traumatize your children again?:rolleyes: Bastard. I would respect him more if he said he made plenty of mistakes with Reese (he wouldn't have to mention the infidelity) but he could claim he has learned from those mistakes and won't repeat them if he marries again.

"And I can certainly see possibly having children again. I'm pretty young, and there are many beautiful things about that idea of marriage and family. It just doesn't always work out perfect for everybody."

why, Ryan? So you can cheat on her too? Ruin another marriage and traumatize your children again?:rolleyes: Bastard. I would respect him more if he said he made plenty of mistakes with Reese (he wouldn't have to mention the infidelity) but he could claim he has learned from those mistakes and won't repeat them if he marries again.

ITA!

I hope the best for Ryan. He's a great actor and I'd love to see him get more roles. I don't know why and if he cheated for sure, and it doesn't matter to me. As far as Reese, she has moved on and seems happy. I personally don't care for her bossy somewhat *****y attitude (never have), but I'm definately the minority in my opinion of her.

I hope the best for Ryan. He's a great actor and I'd love to see him get more roles. I don't know why and if he cheated for sure, and it doesn't matter to me. As far as Reese, she has moved on and seems happy. I personally don't care for her bossy somewhat *****y attitude (never have), but I'm definately the minority in my opinion of her.

wow, I need to start paying more attention. :lol: She always seemed nice, but maybe a bit of a perfectionist.....which could come across as annoying I suppose. And Ryan is a great actor, definitely...but the last line of his comment, "It just doesn't always work out perfect for everybody" seemed to imply he had NOTHING to do with the marriage ending, that it was somehow mutual...which is unbelievable because there are pictures of him kissing his co-star while he was married.

(Not disagreeing with you at all, just commenting in general about Ryan)

wow, I need to start paying more attention. :lol: She always seemed nice, but maybe a bit of a perfectionist.....which could come across as annoying I suppose. And Ryan is a great actor, definitely...but the last line of his comment, "It just doesn't always work out perfect for everybody" seemed to imply he had NOTHING to do with the marriage ending, that it was somehow mutual...which is unbelievable because there are pictures of him kissing his co-star while he was married.

(Not disagreeing with you at all, just commenting in general about Ryan)
Ryan is definately not innocent in the situation I'm sure, but Reese and his relationship must not have been perfect. She could have some fault in the situation too, maybe her attitude, lol. I do agree that Ryan seems a bit nonchalant about things, but he is probably a bit embarrassed to talk about i whatever he did or didn't do.

It's bizzare to see him talking about all this stuff everywhere, while he should keep it to himself and shut his mouth. Reese never said anything about their breake up and I think this is the best thing to do.

Another bizzare thing is that he would comment on Reese's new relationship, but doesn't want to say if he's dating someone.

I too was going to say, yep its hard but, HE did cheat on her! Im sure it was probably just as hard for reese knowing daddy was taking them snowboarding with the very same girl he cheated on her with! KWIM!

Ryan is definately not innocent in the situation I'm sure, but Reese and his relationship must not have been perfect. She could have some fault in the situation too, maybe her attitude, lol. I do agree that Ryan seems a bit nonchalant about things, but he is probably a bit embarrassed to talk about i whatever he did or didn't do.

Whatever her "attitude" may have been...it doesn't warrant being cheated on by your husband. He is responsible for his behavior no matter what marital problems they were having.

It's bizzare to see him talking about all this stuff everywhere, while he should keep it to himself and shut his mouth. Reese never said anything about their breake up and I think this is the best thing to do.

Another bizzare thing is that he would comment on Reese's new relationship, but doesn't want to say if he's dating someone.

Its probably the typical male ego "I can't believe she really moved on" he probably didn't expect that she would and so quickly. It kills him to see how happy another man is making her which is why he always talks about how "painful it is". I don't understand men/women who cheat on their spouses and then act surprised when the spouse divorces them and moves on. Some people are so self absorbed that they truely believe they can do whatever they want to their spouse the the spouse will cry and they will just kiss and make up :tdown: