Rumors of another price increase? Say it isn't so?

these price increases are out of control! its like the stock market-crude oil increase, gas increases at the pump. ITS INSANE!!! I have no problem spending on a bag I want, the increases have increased my comfort spending limit-but its getting hard to swallow. Why so many in such a short period of time?
Has anyone else noticed the subtle increases? If you bought a modern chain tote in june right before they were shipped out of the stores (to make room for the new one) you paid 2250. Now, you are paying 2750 less than a month later?
This increase may force me out the door to pay my classics now....

i think that is true, september will be the month of the price increase. cruise 2008 reissues and flaps will be much more expensive than it is now. if a medium caviar flap goes for higher than $2500 then i'm DONE w/ chanel accessories. time for chanel RTW and H! A Chanel that is $3,000 w/ tax is insane.

NOOOOOOOOO...but i am just starting to love Chanel! Why why why why why why? Sobs! Btw, I know this is wishfull thinking, but does the price increase apply in US only or the rest of the world too?

'Tis true spylove22.

The flap went up $400.00 in February '07! And in 2005 it was $100.00 less than 2006! That's a five hundred dollar increase!

2005 - med/large classic flap $1,495.00
2006 - med/large classic flap $1,595.00
2007 - med/large classic flap $1,995.00

Looking at this is killing me:cursing:

Chanel should offer extra benefit to justify the price increase and make us be willing to pay. Inflation is a bad excuse. This is so not right if Chanel want to make $$$$$ and keep its customers as well. My only guess is Chanel don't really value us "normal customers" but hope to get rid of us using the price increase:crybaby:

I must say I can feel that my love for chanel is dying......it's not about whether I can afford a bag anymore. So far I can still afford it, but the fact that the prices have gone up so dramatically in such a short period of time is making me MAD. I don't feel like getting ripped off like that.