Rude Neiman's SA bashing on Chloe Paddies!!

geez..how rude of her to insult your style like that. The chloe paddington is a classic style, even if it wasnt who cares, u like it wear it. I would of spoken to her supervisor.

How can someone who is in the business of selling items to the public be so incredibly dense? I cannot imagine she will last very long there...

And I carry my paddy with confidence! It definitely gets a lot of attention for an "out" bag :P

Interesting that a SA would say that, I agree, she should be in another line of work. My SA at Neiman's still ooo's and awww's over Chloe, so not all are of the opinion as the one you encountered. Too bad, because in the long run, she will be the one who will lose the sales.
Granted Chloe styles change, as they do with all designers. Style is one's personal choices and how she/he wears them, not the 'it' bag of the moment. We women who have style are never influenced by some inexperienced SA, but rather by quality, personal appeal of an item, and how it enhances our total look.

Ah, there's nothing like a pretentious, opinionated salesclerk!:rolleyes:

I got the same treatment at the Saks Off Fifth store last winter when I asked if they carried Paddingtons. She all but sighed in exasperation when she said they hadn't had them in such a long time because they were "out". And this from someone working at an outlet where all their merchandise is from earlier seasons!

That's odd because the regular Saks always has Paddingtons-- they never seem to go on sale either!:rolleyes:

God what a horrible SA! If someone said that to me, I don't even know what I would do - but I definitely would never buy something from that SA, and I would probably report her to her manager. I'd probably say something snotty like, "Well, I don't need to wear the latest styles in order to feel hip and fashionable - owning things I love is more important to me than buying trendy items. Maybe one day you'll understand."

And about the LV - she was obviously just trying to sell you a more expensive item, but she went about it in totally the wrong way. She should have told you why the bigger bag is better rather than telling you why the smaller bag is bad.

I have only recently bought my first Paddy, but I did so because they were still around and after looking at/loving them for years I still love them and so I bought it. I am not really in a position to, or the kind of person to, just buy something with that kind of price tag because its the latest fad and will go out soon enough. I want to be sure Ill love what I buy forever. Ive never bought an "IT" bag when it was the biggest thing out. Most of the time I know it will pass and Ill no longer like it. Id rather do what I did with the paddy and just wait and see how long I love it for before taking the plunge. The other good thing is I dont see as many "clones" around copied by other brands as when it first came out. This is also a good thing.

I think SHE'S the one who's going to be out!! Just got my black patent paddy and she's already been drooled and obsessed over at recent cocktail event. I love her!! Truly an off beat classic! I will provide pics in another thread soon... I had an unexpected, tragic death in my family and thus have been out of sorts and out of town lately. But I'll provide pics and I think you all will agree...the Paddy is ALIVE AND WELL.

So I called NM yesterday regarding an LV Olympe bag. I explained to the SA that I had just purchased a Chloe medium satchel Paddy in Brun just a couple of weeks ago from NM. She said, "Ugh why would you even buy a Chloe Paddington, I mean that was SOOOO like what, three seasons ago now. Chloe Paddingtons have been OUT of style and over with for so long now, why would you even buy one????"

Well, she's ignorant, as well as rude - they were first shown on the catwalk in the S/S '05 show, so, technically, they're 5 seasons ago, now! :lol:

I politely told her that I love the smooshy thick leather, etc. and how I can take Paddy in the RAIN which I cannot do with LV's...blah blah blah. Anyways, she still kept going on about how why would I ever buy one...needless to say, I told her if I was going to buy an Olympe Nimbus, I was going to the LV boutique instead now :cursing: AND when I inquired regarding the Nimbus PM versus GM as far as the size goes, she said the PM was a "KIDS BAG" and anyone who knows LV would go with the GM. .....Um hello????? A kids bag???? It is almost $2000!!!

She's obviously just badly brought (or dragged) up.

I'm in no way an expert, but haven't LV been doing the same monogram for decades (if not over a century) now, anyway?

Makes a mere 5 seasons look pretty new, to me!

Of course, anything that is very popular suffers this fate, but don't these idiots (and by idiots, I don't just mean SAs, but also those further up the chain) realise, that by making things seem disposable, so quickly, they are actually putting people off buying expensive new items? :shrugs:

Who on earth wants to spend hundreds, or thousands, of dollars (even if they are wealthy) on an item that will be considered passé after six months?

It just seems horrendously vulgar! :yucky:

Never mind the horrific consequences for the environment of our fast fashion 'culture' (which is the opposite of 'cultured' if you ask me!).

I love fashion and I love how it changes, but I refuse to be brainwashed into thinking that I have to throw out beautiful objects, that still look 'right' and still suit my wardrobe and lifestyle, just because some ignoramus tries (and fails!) to count seasons. :lol:

Matthew Williamson once said that he hoped that no one would ever buy an item of his just to wear for one season and that really endeared him to me (that and his gorgeous clothes, of course!).

Sorry, just hand to rant :rant::rant:

I don't blame you! :tup:

Well, she's ignorant, as well as rude - they were first shown on the catwalk in the S/S '05 show, so, technically, they're 5 seasons ago, now! :lol:

She's obviously just badly brought (or dragged) up.

I'm in no way an expert, but haven't LV been doing the same monogram for decades (if not over a century) now, anyway?

Makes a mere 5 seasons look pretty new, to me!

Of course, anything that is very popular suffers this fate, but don't these idiots (and by idiots, I don't just mean SAs, but also those further up the chain) realise, that by making things seem disposable, so quickly, they are actually putting people off buying expensive new items? :shrugs:

Who on earth wants to spend hundreds, or thousands, of dollars (even if they are wealthy) on an item that will be considered passé after six months?

It just seems horrendously vulgar! :yucky:

Never mind the horrific consequences for the environment of our fast fashion 'culture' (which is the opposite of 'cultured' if you ask me!).

I love fashion and I love how it changes, but I refuse to be brainwashed into thinking that I have to throw out beautiful objects, that still look 'right' and still suit my wardrobe and lifestyle, just because some ignoramus tries (and fails!) to count seasons. :lol:

Matthew Williamson once said that he hoped that no one would ever buy an item of his just to wear for one season and that really endeared him to me (that and his gorgeous clothes, of course!).

I don't blame you! :tup:
:woohoo:Awesome Post! ITA :tup:

The HILARIOUS part about this whole "obviously I have no style" debaucle is that I seriously NEVER EVER EVER get compliments on my LV mono bags. Ever since I got my medium "Brun" paddy I have had numerous compliments on it. Even my best friend, who will never understand my handbag fetish, said she loved my Paddy and was totally "over" anything LV:nuts:

Thanks for your fantastic post Chloehandbags!! :P

I totally agree. I just bought my first paddington, but i had been in love with them for years but wasn't prepared to fork out that much money on a bag (esp after finding out that the lock chips!), but i just couldn't resist and based on the fact that i still loved it after 2 years - now that meant i should really get it! i reckon it's a classic :tup:

I have only recently bought my first Paddy, but I did so because they were still around and after looking at/loving them for years I still love them and so I bought it. I am not really in a position to, or the kind of person to, just buy something with that kind of price tag because its the latest fad and will go out soon enough. I want to be sure Ill love what I buy forever. Ive never bought an "IT" bag when it was the biggest thing out. Most of the time I know it will pass and Ill no longer like it. Id rather do what I did with the paddy and just wait and see how long I love it for before taking the plunge. The other good thing is I dont see as many "clones" around copied by other brands as when it first came out. This is also a good thing.

i definitely get more compliments on my chloe too... people always compliment the colour!!!! and the leather, and because i have the mini paddy, they think its so cute. it was one happy purchase!

The HILARIOUS part about this whole "obviously I have no style" debaucle is that I seriously NEVER EVER EVER get compliments on my LV mono bags. Ever since I got my medium "Brun" paddy I have had numerous compliments on it. Even my best friend, who will never understand my handbag fetish, said she loved my Paddy and was totally "over" anything LV:nuts:

Thanks for your fantastic post Chloehandbags!! :P