Ruby, diamond & tourmaline pendent...

m76steve

Dec 20, 2015
Last week I was in a jewelry store looking as usual & the fellow behind the counter saw the pendent I was wearing & started asking questions about the stones. He was looking at the rubies & asked to see them under scope & he was experienced in ID'ing real ruby. He looked at the stones under the scope & was very pleased as to how clean they were, he saw the classic silk/rutile inclusions & no signs of any treatment, he said they were some of the cleanest stones he had seem in some time. The 3 colored stones are GIA certed & the diamond is classed as VS-2, G-H color, good cut. Here is the pendent, its one of my favorites-steve...

Attachments

• DSCN7637 front.JPG
    DSCN7637 front.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCN7647 side.JPG
    DSCN7647 side.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 429
  • DSCN7648 rear..JPG
    DSCN7648 rear..JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 434
This is a pendent upgrade, the spaces between the stones was reduced & gives the pendent a finished look, the pics compliment the stones & the gold work is good for a custom hand-made item-no photo-shop on the stones, they do show well-steve...

Attachments

• DSCN7963 front ++.JPG
    DSCN7963 front ++.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCN7953 side +.JPG
    DSCN7953 side +.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCN7955 back +.JPG
    DSCN7955 back +.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 383
Upgraded pendent, 6.3cts of GIA certed mozambique ruby, a .51ct diamond, & a 2.21ct certed brazilian paraiba tourmaline in a 2" tall pendent-steve...

Attachments

• DSCN8072+.JPG
    DSCN8072+.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN8066+.JPG
    DSCN8066+.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 236
Thanku for ur interest-the pendent is not vintage-my goal for showing my gem stones is basically mounting the stones in gold to show the stones as best to me, I dont do support stones to add a little 'something' to the pendent. In this case, the stones are the show, 4 stones are certified by GIA labs as untreated ruby & the tourmaline is certified as Brazilian material, so this little pendent is quite an item even though its a 'plain jane' looking pendent. All the pendents Ive built are of the same design, hard to get stones in a basic setting. To give u an idea of the quality of some of the stones I mount, the tourmaline is Brazilian, rated as flawless, a slight greenish/Blue at 2.21cts, the latest appraisal on the single stone is over $20,000.00/ct. This stone bought @ 10 yrs ago for nowhere near that price, out of my range at todays pricing. So my goal of having a unique jewelry item so far seems to work-I have @ 30 other items of similar build, a fun hobby & wonderful 'eye candy'-steve...:cool:[posting pics of the pendent in UV light, stones show as well as the burmese stones are known for]

Attachments

• DSCN8082 in UV light +.JPG
    DSCN8082 in UV light +.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN8086 + daylight.JPG
    DSCN8086 + daylight.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 160