Style Royal Ladies fashion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a 2nd look I'll amend my first impression of Clotilde's dress. I like the idea; wish the back wasn't quite as a low. As always, the messy hair bugs me.

15zlf84.jpg
1oq1xk.jpg
she has a lovely figure, but the dress is not appropriate for someone in her station--more for a starlet on some red carpet. (and, not age appropriate either) imo

Last edited:
she has a lovely figure, but the dress is not appropriate for someone in her station--more for a starlet on some red carpet. (and, not age appropriate either) imo

That's the thing, she and her husband are not well thought of in Italy. She was a well known and well-respected French actress before she married Emmanuel. Within royal circles they are looked at with a wary because of some behaviors at either Mary, Letizia or Marie-Chantal's wedding. There was brawl between the 2 heads of the royal house Savoy and Aosta over who was head of the house. Anyway the 2 general fought right over Queen Elizabeth 2 and Queen Anne Marie of Greece nee Denmark. QE2 reportedly said "never again" (and that was last royal wedding she attended outside her family members' weddings. Prince Emmanuel (Clotilde's hubby) regularly does Italian versions of shows like "Dancing With the Stars", "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" etc. She chooses to focus on acting career rather any royal duties or charitable work (they are not well off).

TMI, I know but that's the reason for her doing more red carpet dressing rather than princess dressing. Personally, I think she'd do better in her acting career if she upped her classy lady profile.

I have noticed that Letizia & Catherine's outfits are picked apart by everyone more than other royals. I wonder why? Comments today about Catherine's dress with the waist supposedly too high, the evening dress with polka-dots, which were actually hibiscus,etc. Letizia: complaints about drab colors she wears. Almost forgot, Princess Victoria: comments about why she wears her hair in a ponytail.

Is there some reason that these three ladies are scruntinized so doggedly?

I also don't understand about Charlene.

This is strictly an observation, nothing more! lol

I think one of the big problems is that Catherine and Letizia are scrutinized by the English and Spanish speaking world. If you think of it, almost 2 billion people consider QEII their government figurehead. To contrast, there are 500K people who look to Luxemborg.

Letizia - pre-marriage - was one of the most beautiful and best-dressed women in the world. Now, she is looking very beige.

Charlene can look amazing, but usually doesn't. Also, Charlene and Catherine's mothers-in-law were style icons so there is a lot of pressure to measure up to dead women.

Victoria? :shrug: Sweden does have the most attractive royal family, IMO

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Assyakirin Mosque in the centre of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which they visited this morning on the latest stage of their tour of South-East Asia on behalf of the Queen to mark her Diamond Jubilee.

Dress by Beulah London.

article-2203059-1501A2B0000005DC-821_470x706.jpg article-2203059-1501C758000005DC-14_472x608.jpg

article-2203059-1501A154000005DC-996_964x940.jpg

That's the thing, she and her husband are not well thought of in Italy. She was a well known and well-respected French actress before she married Emmanuel. Within royal circles they are looked at with a wary because of some behaviors at either Mary, Letizia or Marie-Chantal's wedding. There was brawl between the 2 heads of the royal house Savoy and Aosta over who was head of the house. Anyway the 2 general fought right over Queen Elizabeth 2 and Queen Anne Marie of Greece nee Denmark. QE2 reportedly said "never again" (and that was last royal wedding she attended outside her family members' weddings. Prince Emmanuel (Clotilde's hubby) regularly does Italian versions of shows like "Dancing With the Stars", "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" etc. She chooses to focus on acting career rather any royal duties or charitable work (they are not well off).

TMI, I know but that's the reason for her doing more red carpet dressing rather than princess dressing. Personally, I think she'd do better in her acting career if she upped her classy lady profile.

The thing is Clotilde does not have royal duties period. Her and Emmanuele's titles are simply courtesy title. Italy does not have Constitutional Monarchy anymore; therefore, no royal duties. Hence, why she focus on her film career and dress more like a celebrity than a royal and why Emmanuele focus on his television career.

I have noticed that Letizia & Catherine's outfits are picked apart by everyone more than other royals. I wonder why? Comments today about Catherine's dress with the waist supposedly too high, the evening dress with polka-dots, which were actually hibiscus,etc. Letizia: complaints about drab colors she wears. Almost forgot, Princess Victoria: comments about why she wears her hair in a ponytail.

I might complains of the drab color that Letizia often wears; however, my biggest complaint about her is the number of inappropriate outfits she wears on her engagements. Lately, she has been wearing clothes that are far too casual and inappropriate for someone in her position.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Assyakirin Mosque in the centre of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which they visited this morning on the latest stage of their tour of South-East Asia on behalf of the Queen to mark her Diamond Jubilee.

Dress by Beulah London.

View attachment 1871819 View attachment 1871821

View attachment 1871820

I don't get the point of wearing a headscarf when you expose your legs. Usually when I notice women like Sheika Mozah, Maxima, or Letizia wearing headscarf, they are cover from head to toe.

And I don't like that dress. It looks too matronly on her.

DebbieAnn said:

They are in the public eye and they represent many many millions of people. We just want them to look their best. They have the funds, gorgeous figures and people who can help them - an opportunity us mere mortals don't have.. So, why won't they use them?

It's dressing appropriately for their job. So we nitpick sometimes.. but our compliments far outweigh any less than generous comments.

The Duchess of Cambridge smiles her way through a Diamond Jubilee Tea Party at the British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur despite the news that a French magazine has published topless pictures of her on holiday.

untitled1.JPG untitled.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.