rouge 05 + lubriderm = red hands!

1. Ok, so after reading and seeing all the amazing effects lubriderm had on the bbags, i decided to use it on my 05 rouge day bag. I started with the back and gently messaged the lotion in using the techniques you brilliant gals suggested. the outcome was not as good as y'alls but one thing happened that i didn't expect; my hands turned completely red! i rubbed them off on some paper towels and left a trail of reddish pink paper towels on my kitchen floor. DH thought i had some freak accident while cooking! anyway, it's probably b/c of the bag's color. This is just a warning to those of you who are tempted to try lubriderm on your rouge bags. Because of this, i decided to not lube the front. so now the front of my bag is still shiny (and rather pretty, now that i look at it) and the back is matte and soft. oh wells, she's my one and only bbag (on the list for a grenat city) and i still love her to death!

2. eeks! is the leather OK?!?! give it a few hours and give an update!

3. Yes- keep us posted! I wonder if other colors will do that! I'm sure your bag will be fine anyway!

4. whatttt??????? i hope the bag's ok

5. The leather is fine - better actually! i actually did it over the weekend...managed to not have a heart attack immediately afterwards! The color is still the same shade (thank heavens!), but just lost the shine. i kind of regret it now because the shine adds to the rouge color - making it more jewel like. but what can i do? i was totally in awe of all the lubed bags posted on the forum that i didn't even think about losing the shine. But yeah, just wanted to let you guys know of my semi-failed lubriderm experiment. i think i'm the only one who didn't get fabulous results. doh!

6. Oh no, Sorry that happened! I also have a "05 rouge hobo/day. I did the "ranskimmie technique" of twisting the life out of the leather. It definitely made it softer, less veiny & less shiny (I like the matte look). I also used Applegard leather conditioner on it with no problems (i.e. no ruboff) You might want to try that. Hope it all works out :smile:

7. if you buff the surface with a soft cloth and then do applegarde - a lot of the shine will come back ;)

8. ^ oh really? i'll try that when i get home today. thanks!

9. The lubriderm didn't last on my bag :sad: So maybe, the shine will come back to yours as well.

10. wow! This is really interesting how they are so different!

11. Hi luckybunny,

Thanks for posting this! Red is a notoriously unstable color, in fabrics and dyes in general. I didn't have any dye rub-off on my black, bordeaux or cornflower.
    We all need to remember to do that "test spot". At least your bag is okay!
    :smile:

12. Thank goodnes your bag is the same shade! Yikes! I think I would have freaked out, too! :blink: Definitely try mocean's rec to buff and then AG to try to get the shine back(maybe try it on small inconspicous surface first just in case). Keep us posted! :biggrin:

13. Yep...when I buff my 05 rouge-red with a white cloth, it leaves dye on the cloth. I actually like my bags matte with little shine. I'm sure with some buffing, the shine will come back. :flowers:

14. thanks for all the advice! you guys are the bestest! i don't know if i should trust my grubby unprofessional paws on this beautiful bag anymore. i think i'll spray some AG on it and step away and hope for the best. man, after this experience, my bags should get a restraining order against me! i was eyeing my MJ and LVs too. Yipes!

15. Very interesting. I did my 05 rouge a couple weeks ago with lubriderm and had no dye come off whatsoever. Different dye batch maybe?