Roseark Sideways Cross Necklace

Here's a photo of the sideways cross necklace that I purchased from Etsy. It's sterling silver. I sort of wanted the gold, but all of the jewelry I wear is white (platinum, white gold, sterling silver etc), so I thought it would look silly to have one piece of yellow gold, when everything else was white.

I really like it, and can see this as something I wear daily. The pic was taken with my iPhone so isn't the greatest...

Attachments

• sidewayscross.JPG
    sidewayscross.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,647
I noticed the Kelly Ripa thread was consolidated with the Roseark's thread. To the OP of that thread I'm pretty sure Kelly Ripa's wearing the Jennifer Zeuner cross. I saw it id'd on another website. Miley Cyrus and Vanessa Hudgens also wear the J.Z. cross not Rosearks. Not to sound like a crazy sideways cross stalker or anything....

Actually I just found this website... http://www.thelooksforless.com/2010...oseark-sideways-cross-necklace-look-for-less/. Vanessa wears the Roseark cross! I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw Miley wearing the Roseark cross too.

Hi I messaged the ebay seller (tinatreea) aka the etsy seller (StellarOre) about the authenticity of her sideways cross and this was her response:

" I made the original cross that Roseark carried under my boutique name, Angelique Keenan Jewelry. Taylor is also an acquaintance through friends which is how she ordered the original cross from me through Kaviar and KInd, she got the first one I made as a custom order.
The store started making their own version, just this winter, so they to make a higher profit on it. I didn't have copyright on the design so they felt it was ok to do this.
Jewelry designs get knocked off of the little guys, like me , frequently.
I am also able to offer it at wholesale since I don't have a storefront and overhead.
I still wholesale this necklace at retail boutiques such as Madison Gallery (Malibu) and Broken English in brentwood.
I hope this answers your question.
Thanks for your interest!"

I rather buy the necklace from her since she was the original designer...

When I first saw the cross on Taylor, I knew I just had to have it. I follow her tweets and she said she got her cross from Roseark and that the designer was Kathy Rose for Roseark. I don't know who this person is selling the cheaper version of the cross, but Taylor was very clear who made hers. I don't like knockoffs, so I am just glad that I got my authentic piece...and it is just like Tay's!

i've seen both, and the Jennifer Zeuner strikes me as more subtle, discreet, and tasteful, imho; partially b/c the proportion of the cross is slightly smaller, in balance to the delicate chain. The Roseark is bigger, bolder, and more obvious. It depends on your taste and personal style.

After i saw pictures of celebrities wearing the JZ necklace, i had to check it out in person. The necklace is really pretty, but i opted for the 14k plated JZ sideways cross bracelet, b/c i was looking for even *more* subtle statement. It was only $120 or so from Bergdorf's 5F.

I recently ordered one in 14k white gold from StellarOre by Angelique Keenan on esty.com after chatting with one lady who has both versions (RoseArk and StellarOre).

Here's what she said,
"Actually I first bought this necklace from Rose Ark in Los Angeles. Its the boutique that supposedly was were Taylor got it at least that was on a Bravo blog. It was $800+. I think Stellar Ore makes the necklace for RoseArk based on what she said. Stellar Ors is really exactly like the Rose Ark one just cheaper. The cross is thick and clearly was cast; 3D and the chain is super delicate. There is someone else selling the side ways cross on Etsy (much cheaper) and hers are punched out of a sheet of metal so the cross is flat and the edges of the cross are really sharp and her chain is not so delicate. The Stellar Ore cross is clearly cast so the cross is 3 dimensional and the edges of the cross are soft and rounded so the cross does not dig into your neck. I also wanted to mention that the cross is meant to sit on the side of your neck when the clasp is centered at the back of your neck. Its meant to be off center. So if you don't like that make sure you ask her to center the cross. Lastly I give big thumbs up on the rose gold its a really rosy color sometimes rose golds can look really washed out but hers is a good color. The one from RoseArk is off center too and they will not center it for you (or lengthen the chain). They have an on line store if you want to google them. They do not mention that the cross is not centered so I was totally surprised. I was also surprised because Taylor's does not look that way but I guess maybe her clasp is not always centered. It was disconcerting at first but I like it now. I think the off centered look really works for the design. But if its something that might bug you its good to know up front."

Now I just have to wait for my order to arrive! :smile:

Last edited: