Rose Jaipur in Kelly 32 or Lindy 26 ?!?! HELP !?!?

Kelly 32 wins hands down, not everyone looks good with a lindy whereas Kelly is perfect! Moreover, Lindy 26 can be on the small side and the shoulder drop is also shorter.

Well, I'm pretty short hahaaha probably below the average *cough*5"*cough*
Lindy cost me 14166USD it's pretty expensive where I live and Kelly is twice the price of Lindy.

Does anyone know id Kelly lose their shape? IMO Since Lindy doesn't have the shape to lose much heehee:graucho:

may I ask why you are not fond of lindy anymore ? I mean this would be my first H bag and I did some research about Lindy, other people seems to like it though...
thank you s much for the opinions, really appreciate it:biggrin:

only good for shoulder carry.

on arm/ elbow it juts out awkwardly due to wide base (mine was a 30cm) and also hits the tip of the hipbone.

and handheld, it keeps hitting the side of my calves when i walk. i tripped several times because of this.

for a bag that is designed with both handles and a shoulder strap and at this price i want to fully utilise all 3 carry - options.

it's a fabulous bag on the shoulder though.

hope this helps.

Lindy cost me 14166USD it's pretty expensive where I live and Kelly is twice the price of Lindy.

Seriously, that's very steep. I assume you're getting from a reseller, the price of the Lindy is twice of what an Hermes store would sell a Kelly for.

IF you truly love and desire that bag and $$ is not a problem, then as all others said go for the Kelly.

But for that price of USD 28K for a Kelly, IMO you are much better off spending 20K on various things at the Hermes store, build a relationship with your SA and let them offer you a Kelly of your choice. Furthermore it's a g'tee on authenthicity and also longevity of your customer profile at your local store.

They are both in clemance and PHW ;)

only good for shoulder carry.

on arm/ elbow it juts out awkwardly due to wide base (mine was a 30cm) and also hits the tip of the hipbone.

and handheld, it keeps hitting the side of my calves when i walk. i tripped several times because of this.

for a bag that is designed with both handles and a shoulder strap and at this price i want to fully utilise all 3 carry - options.

it's a fabulous bag on the shoulder though.

hope this helps.

I would go for the Kelly too. Yes perhaps over many years it will lose its' shape a little, but with proper care, I don't think it'll be much of an issue.
And I agree with Loves comment above. I have both Lindy 26 and 30, they are both IMHO awkward to be carried handheld in whichever way. I am rather short and slim, even carrying it on my shoulder not really the most ideal way to carry it. If I put the bag under my arm, the base is too wide so I can't close my arm on my side (hope that makes sense). If I pushed the bag on my back, I always worry that it will bang something/someone behind me or not knowing if someone is doing something to it because I can't feel/ see it.
But it's a cute in an odd way kinda bag and I like having something a bit different. :smile: Sorry for the long post, but hope it helps.

Seriously, that's very steep. I assume you're getting from a reseller, the price of the Lindy is twice of what an Hermes store would sell a Kelly for.

IF you truly love and desire that bag and $$ is not a problem, then as all others said go for the Kelly.

But for that price of USD 28K for a Kelly, IMO you are much better off spending 20K on various things at the Hermes store, build a relationship with your SA and let them offer you a Kelly of your choice. Furthermore it's a g'tee on authenthicity and also longevity of your customer profile at your local store.

oops my bad, Lindy cost me 8000USD :sad: still... what do you mean by 'build a relationship with your SA ' ?

Jadeite is giving you some good advice :biggrin:

I read in another thread you live in Thailand? For 8k the Lindys price is about right for both H store and reseller as the non Bs and Ks are priced almost the same as the local H store. 16K for a Kelly at the reseller is pretty steep still but if the funds are not an issue then go for the Kelly. Forget about going to BKK Hermes for the Kelly since their stock is strictly VVIP only.

It turns out money is kinda an issue for me,and this is my first H purchase so I think imma take babysteps and go with Lindy for now :smile:.

To prepare for her arrival, does any of you know what twilly would go best with RJ?
I'm really going to baby this bag so twillies on the shoulder strap and handles :cray:,
Am I supposed to use a scarf or twilly for the shoulder strap :help:

Thanks to all of you wise ladies :hugs:

Kikade said:
It turns out money is kinda an issue for me,and this is my first H purchase so I think imma take babysteps and go with Lindy for now :smile:.

To prepare for her arrival, does any of you know what twilly would go best with RJ?
I'm really going to baby this bag so twillies on the shoulder strap and handles :cray:,
Am I supposed to use a scarf or twilly for the shoulder strap :help:

Thanks to all of you wise ladies :hugs:

I use the coaching twilly that has the coral shades on it on my B35 RJ.. I dont know the exact cw but one of the colors on the twilly is the exact same color like RJ clemence..
HTH