Roo's award winning carrot cake

1. This cake won me first prize at the local fair a couple years ago.

Carrot Cake

Combine the following dry ingredients:

1 cups sugar
    2 cups flour
    2 t. baking soda
    1 t. salt
    3 t. cinnamon

Mix together in separate bowl:

1 c. vegetable oil
    3 eggs

Mix together eggs and oil until well blended. Gradually add the dry ingredients, until blended well. When all blended, add the following:

1 mashed banana
    3 cups grated carrots
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir in and blend well. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes in large rectangular pan. Check for doneness depending on your oven.

I do not use raisins or frosting on this cake, but you can add those things if you prefer them.
  2. I love, love, LOVE carrot cake! Thanks so much for sharing - I'm going to try this out this weekend! I'm already salivating :yahoo:
  3. LMK how you like it. The "secret" ingredient is the mashed banana ;)
  4. Carrot Cake Is My Fav!!!!

5. mmmm I may have to try this...but with icing. YUM!
  6. Roo, this sound delicious. I'm going out to buy carrots tomorrow. btw do you make this in a 11x14 pan or is it larger? TIA.
  7. Roo you must be a good cook!! I am printing all your recipes lol. I am going to try to cook again lol!!
  8. I have tried your recipe today, everyone found it delicious! Thank you :yahoo:
  9. Roo,

This recipe sounds great! I can't wait to try it!!! YUMMY!
  10. yum i need to try this out! thanks!
  11. :yahoo: Merci!
  12. Sorry I missed this. 11 x 14 should work fine.
  13. I tried it last night and it was delicious!!!

It is easy and the result is fantastic! Thanks Roo!
  14. Roo i'm testing this out on my family tonight and then on my boyfriend this weekend......i can't wait the recipe sounds so simple (hopefully even i can't mess it up :sweatdrop:) and delicious........and then tomrorow night it'll be time to try out your cheese pastry puffs (can't remember what they were called :shame:smile: and then your clam chowder.....and then maybe another one of your cakes...and your french dinner :party:....and any other yummy yummy recipes you might have for us :yahoo:
  15. This sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe Roo! Now I have to figure out how to altitude adjust it. :drool: