Rome Is Dead -- NBC Pulls Plug On Paris // NBC To TMZ -- How Dare You!

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Rome Is Dead -- NBC Pulls Plug On Paris

Posted Jun 22nd 2007 3:28PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Paris Hilton
Inside sources at NBC tell TMZ the network has just canceled its interview with Paris Hilton.
0622_paris_can_2.jpg

As TMZ reported, the Burbank bureau was preparing for the interview with Paris and Meredith Vieira for "Today."

But just a short time ago, honchos informed selected staff that the interview is dead. No reason was given.

Story developing ...

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/22/rome-is-dead-nbc-pulls-plug-on-paris/

------------------------------------

NBC To TMZ -- How Dare You!

Posted Jun 22nd 2007 4:17PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Paris Hilton
A rep with NBC told TMZ there was never anything to kill, because they never sealed the deal on a Paris interview.
0622_paris_nbc_2.jpg

Allison Gollust, Senior VP of NBC News Communications, told TMZ, "There's nothing to pull the plug on because we never committed to this."

But here's the deal. TMZ knows a producer was already assigned to the interview, which was supposed to air on "Today." Multiple sources tell us that camera people and associate producers were told to be ready, and that the piece would be shot in L.A. and edited in New York.

As TMZ first reported, honchos at the net told selected staffers today that the interview was dead. To that, Gollust said, "It can't be dead if it was never alive to begin with."

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/22/nbc-to-tmz-how-dare-you/

--------------

Yeah yeah, I'm sure that they never "agreed" to this deal. :rolleyes:

Can't she just stay in jail a few more weeks? I really don't want to hear the interviews about how she has transformed herself into a better person, blah, blah, blah. I find her to be deceitful and any changes to her image would be merely for her own benefit, such as making a reported 1 million for an interview.

I'd be really surprised if Paris didnt do some sort of interview when she gets out. She would want to show us all how she has changed so much, dont you think? :roflmfao: