Romantic Dinner?

1. Well...

I'm trying something new: Cooking for my boyfriend lol.

I was so impressed with then cream cheese crab wontons that it gave me the idea of making a meal for my bf this weekend and using the crab wontons as an appitizer! is this considered an asian type of food?

Anyway... i really don't know what to cook for the main course/meal..all i can think of in my head are easy recipes such as ground beef w/ peas, onions, soy sauce and lemon..which i make WAY TOO MUCH! i need a new recipe..and i dont know what could match the wontons or something romantic =)

2. How about a nice italian dinner such as chicken parm with angel hair or spaghetti on the side?

3. i think this pasta is great for a romantic dinner, and although it's not asian, i think you don't necessarily have to serve the crab wantons with asian food per se (since i'll eat them with pretty much anything :p). since the pasta has some cream and seafood in it, i think it picks up on the flavors of the wantons really well, plus it's not too heavy and pink colored hence romantic! :tup: i made it for SO the other day and he LOVED it it was so yummy :okay:.

[​IMG]

recipe here with step by step photo illustrations: http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/2007/09/cooking_with_my_punk-ass_little_sister_penne_a_la_betsy.html

i think it served it with some veggies on the side (potatoes, string beans, the usual) and for a super easy dessert, try slicing up some pound cake, toasting it, topping it with some marscapone cheese, and then topping all that with a mixture of amaretto and apricot jelly.

4. OMG!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! WOW IT LOOKS SOOO DELICIOUS!!! will definately update...

watch me end up making a 5 course meal with everyone's ideas! lol

5. You could make teriyaki beef with rice. I just buy a flank steak and trim any fat off and marinate it overnight in: 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 cup chopped green onion, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp ginger and a pinch of black pepper. Then I grill it on both sides, cut it into super thin slices and serve it over white rice. It's really good with grilled fresh pineapple too!

It makes a yummy meal and it's really low fat :tup:

6. I have an idea for you that will be Asian/western mix plus its easy!

How about a seafood theme main course to go with that crab wonton?

You get 2 nice salmon filets, be sure they are prep (get the scales off and trim off the skin etc..). Apply light soysauce, and raw ginger (crushed, dripped the ginger juice on the fish and minced the left over to spread on z salmon) for a heavier taste / use pickled ginger for a sweeter taste, scallions (shred stalks dip in cold water to make them curl) to dress the salmon for color and taste... bake salmon at 350 - 400 for 35 min or less if you want it a bit tartar.

be sure to leave 1/2 of the scallions on z side so you can finish dressing the salmon with a fresher green look.

Sides, do a chicken flavored boiled rice and how about an easy stir-fry of fresh green beans (takes 7-9 mins only) with some sliced red peppers for the colors???

My old (super quick) recipes that I do for my DH when we were dating. ;)
    This is my X'mas meal...

Good luck with your meal!

7. Thank You So Much Lolitakali!!! It Sounds So Good!!!!!

8. No prob. ;)