Roland Mouret for GAP

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
Anyone know anything about this?

WWD

Published: WWD, Tuesday, October 31, 2006 Gap Goes Fast-Fashion: Mouret Latest Designer to Dabble in Mass
By Samantha Conti with contributions by Jeanine Poggi
London — Gap is taking a page from the H&M playbook to help spur growth.

The American retailer has linked with British designer Roland Mouret to launch a capsule collection of dresses, mainly in select stores in Europe but also at a handful of units in New York. The collection will arrive in 160 Gaps in the U.K., Ireland and France on Nov. 7 and should hit the New York stores a few weeks later, according to Stephen Sunnucks, president of Europe, Gap Inc. International.

Press release from GAP

GAP EUROPE ANNOUNCES COLLABORATION WITH ROLAND MOURET

London - September 18, 2006 - Gap today announce their collaboration with renowned designer Roland Mouret. A collection of ten dresses, priced £45-£78 will be sold in Gap stores in the UK and France only from 7 November.
Three styles from the collection will be sold as part of the Gap (PRODUCT) RED™ collection, with 50% of profits from these styles benefiting The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. (RED) was founded earlier this year by Bono and Bobby Shriver in an effort to generate a sustainable flow of private sector funds towards the fight to eliminate AIDS in Africa.
Stephen Sunnucks, President, Gap Europe comments, “As we localise our business and build a new design team based in London, it was particularly exciting to work with a world class European design talent such as Roland’s and to create a collection that is essentially Gap, yet seen through his unique vision.”
Roland Mouret comments: “I was interested in the opportunity to make my designs available to a broader audience and was particularly excited about the Gap (PRODUCT) RED™ involvement. This initiative is so important and Gap has given me the opportunity to be able to translate my ideas in a more casual sensibility and at the same time help raise funds that will target the AIDS pandemic in Africa. This is my first project as 19RM.”

What's great about Roland is his tailoring ... these dresses totally miss the point!

Luckily I don't have to mourn the fact that it would have been impossible for me to buy them! :biggrin:

dont think you will be missing out on much!! your average jumper dresses which are in every store at the moment ;)
seems like a collaberation just to keep RM name out there until he goes public with Simon bloody Fuller!!! whats the point of him designing shapeless dresses that gap make anyway!!! makes no sense!

yeah - it's quite unfortunate that his collaboration doesn't capture the true essence of why his dresses are so amazing! but I guess you can't really expect quality tailoring when you're collaborating for items that are produced for the "masses"? I think the only one that shows some promise of an interesting shape is that grey belted shirtdress.

missbradshaw - can't wait for your report back! Hope it turns out to be better than these pictures show!

Just got back!

The dress I really wanted was sold out (see pic) but I bought the button through shirt dress which i am loving....the dresses look so much better on real women than in the above pics...

The goodie bag was cool....Gap 'Red' t-shirt worth £14.50, Bliss soap, facial wash, lip plump and lip gloss..not bad for £10

Here are a few pics!

Attachments

• DSCN5076.JPG
    DSCN5076.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN5081.JPG
    DSCN5081.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 81
  • 11135157annakarina10302ns5.jpg
    11135157annakarina10302ns5.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 70