RM Matinee compared to Balenciaga Twiggy

stars, thanks so much for these pics - I love Bal too and I've never seen a Twiggy IRL so this is great.

Though I wouldn't say this in the Bal forum, I do worry that the Bal leather, while very sumptuous, is thin and therefore delicate. The RM leather on the other hand is thick and sturdy!

(Sorry I meant to post this first but got distracted by Contessa's plea, hehe)

stars, thanks so much for these pics - I love Bal too and I've never seen a Twiggy IRL so this is great.

Though I wouldn't say this in the Bal forum, I do worry that the Bal leather, while very sumptuous, is thin and therefore delicate. The RM leather on the other hand is thick and sturdy!

It was probably Jon Bon Jovi doing the distracting ;)

I definitely love my balenciaga... the love hasn't gone away for a year now... so I know I do love them, but there is always room to have more than one love affair right? shh don't tell my hubby that. :smile: Anyway, I agree that RM is a bit more elegant, especially the RM Matinee. I'm surprised to say that, but after taking pics with my twiggy, I'm really surprised how "casual" it looks. You know? However, the RM Matinee can also be casual too... its like Two bags in One! haha.

Now I need to get a MAB so I can take some comparison pics w/ my Bal City Bag. :smile:

^ If that's what you're gonna be singing, you need THIS pic of JBJ...BIG HAIR!!

RS500~Jon-Bon-Jovi-Rolling-Stone-no-500-May-1987-Posters.jpg

I have a MAM and a City. I don't think they are very similar at all actually. The styles look very different when worn I think with the MAM being a bit more structured, not having a shoulder strap, different details (tassels are the same of course)

I love them both very much, but to me they are totally different. I don't think they're too similar to have both if that's what you were wondering.

Does anyone have both a RM MAB and a Bal City bag? I'm just curious to see how close these are to each other. I think the Matinee is a great size... but I'd love to get a MAB for myself.

I have a MAM and a City. I don't think they are very similar at all actually. The styles look very different when worn I think with the MAM being a bit more structured, not having a shoulder strap, different details (tassels are the same of course)

I love them both very much, but to me they are totally different. I don't think they're too similar to have both if that's what you were wondering.

Actually, I was just wondering "sizewise" if the MAB was comparable in size to the City bag. I've seen a MAM and its definitely smaller than I imagined... I'm hoping for a size comparison alongside the city... measurements say they are close, but I never believe that until I see it. :smile: