Rive Gauche: Classic or Trend?

1. I went to YSL shop in milan today and spent time there for a while to choose between medium-size Muse and medium-size RG. Finally I got RG in black but I'm just wondering if RG is/will be considered a classic style?

2. I would think it would be a timeless style which could definitely become a classic. The shape of the RG (and actually the Muse as well) are both so nice, I wouldn't be worried about running past the "trendiness". It's a good buy! I'm so jealous...I've been drooling over the beige ostrich one which both Kate Moss and Katie Holmes have been pictured carrying!

3. ^^ the YSL RG is definitely a classic :tender:

p.s. i've got one in chocolate & i love it!!!

4. i didnt realise there were 2 sizes ? What is the size that the celebs are carrying ?

5. I think both Muse and RG are very classic.

6. Thanks all, I feel so relieve now :yahoo: and I agree with you that Muse is very classic. I actually wanna take both, but I am broke now... Think Muse will be my next wishlist :drool:

7. aaalaa bama, chocolate looks yummy to me too :graucho:

8. gingerale, there are 2 size... I am not sure for the precise measurement but I think the ostritch RG bag that Holmes held is big size.
    I would like to love that big size but it is too big for me :shame: (fyi.. I'm 5'3"), so I go for the medium one, which is a bit smaller.

9. I may be in the minority here, but I think it's too soon to tell about the Rive Gauche. Most of YSL bags have not been classics on that sense. That doesn't mean that they're not worthwhile bags. I love YSL and have owned many of their bags. But I don't think any, even the Mombasa, has risen yet to the level of the Muse in terms of timelessness. It depends what your definition of "classic" is. If you mean enduring interest--I think a number of the recent designs have that durability. If you mean unchanging style, I think that it's less clearcut that the RG will continue to be made through the years in new colors etc. Some of the YSL bags that people carry are clearly vintage, e.g., the St Tropez, but people still like them as vintage bags.

10. I am curious when I read that someone has visited the YSL shop in Milan. How much is the Muse and RG selling in Milan?

Nefy

11. To Neferkare, I got my medium RG around around 1.2K Euro
    For the big RG around 1.4K Euro, medium Muse around 800 Euro, large Muse around 900 Euro... However when I went there on Monday, the lady at shop told me that the price would be adjusted within next week.. so +200 for Muse, and +300 for RG.. But I'm not sure if it's already adjusted now or not

12. Let me first say that I like the look of the Rive Gauche also.
    I own a large black Muse myself and found myself looking at the RG at the store recently. I think it's a little early to tell, but when I tried the RG on, I found it a little cumberson and therefore harder to use. I know it has a longer shoulder strap, but I really think this bag looks better carried by the shorter straps, which to me, limits it usefulness. The Muse is also easier to access and has cleaner lines. For the money, I personally think that the Muse is a safer buy right now. But you should definitely get the one you want. YSL in and of itself is a timeless brand.

13. i was just at the ysl store on rodeo drive. i was deciding between a medium muse or a medium rive gauche and was told that in 2 weeks they were both being put into the YSL permanent collection. in addition to this validation of BOTH bags being very classic, they are raising the prices by 100 or more. although this didn't make me jump at buying it on the spot- i will go back soon to get it once i decide between the black or grey charcoal.

suggestions welcome on my color choice. i have long black hair.. and tend to go with black but the grey is so cool and is a nice twist on a classic design.

14. i was just at the ysl store on rodeo drive. i was deciding between a medium muse or a medium rive gauche and was told that in 2 weeks they were both being put into the YSL permanent collection. in addition to this validation of BOTH bags being very classic, they are raising the prices by 100 or more. although this didn't make me jump at buying it on the spot- i will go back soon to get it once i decide between the black or grey charcoal.

suggestions:yes: welcome on my color choice. i have long black hair.. and tend to go with black but the grey is so cool and is a nice twist on a classic design.

15. I would say that it is a classic.