RIP Alaska (2006-2007)

1. My little baby (my rabbit) passed away last night at 2:30am. She was only 1 year old (February 19th). Last week, she had an ear infection, or at least that's what we think... It was fine after she took antibiotics. But it started again yesterday, so I started giving her the antibiotics again, that's what the vet told me to do. And last night, I just noticed she wasn't behaving like she usually does. I asked my SO to take the cage with us in our bedroom, I wanted to keep an eye on her. I woke up around 2:30am, she was making alot of noise. She was jumping everywhere in her cage. So I got up, took her in my arms, she started screaming, it sounded like a newborn baby's cries :sad: . I put her back in her cage, ran in the hallway and threw myself on the floor, crying. I knew I was gonna lose my little baby. I got a bucket because I thought I was gonna puke... My SO checked on my bunny, and came back to tell me she was gone :sad: .

I've never screamed like this in my entire life, I was in total pain... It hasn't even been a year since Emily, my first bunny, died (April 11th, 2006). I don't really know what happened, but I suspect the infection got to her brain.

I miss her so much :sad: .The pain is hard to bare...

[​IMG]

2. I am so sorry ...losing a loved pet is like losing a family member....*hugs* to you, you will be in my thoughts.

3. I'm sorry for your loss.

4. Oh my gosh..I am SO sorry!!!:sad: We have a bunny now (I've had pet bunnies my whole life, too) that our family just adores and I do feel your pain...I wish I could give you a big hug and comfort you! It's sooo painful beyond words to lose our innocent beloved pets. God bless you, your precious Alaska & your family:heart:

xoxo

5. Oh, I'm so sorry this happened. She was a beautiful little bunny. I can't imagine having gone through that, please try to keep your chin up. *big hugs*

6. OMG poor thing. So sad. Hugs to you.

7. That is so horrible! You poor thing! {hugs} I am so sorry for your loss.

8. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about your bunny. We pet lovers know your pain and you have huge hugs from all of us.

9. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have had several bunnies and they are always such sweet loving creatures. My condolences to you and your family. :sad:

10. What a cutie, I'm sooo sorry, started to cry when I read this......I would never imagine losing an animal from an ear infection, I'm sure the shock is hard to take. I can tell you gave her a great life so you should reflect on that, I know it's easier said than done but I'm sure whatever the reason for her death, you did what you could to help her and it was beyond your power to prevent it.

11. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know it hurts like hell. {hugs}

12. Hugs to you... I am so sorry :sad:

13. That's really sad:sad: I'm so sorry for your loss :sad:

14. I am so sorry for your loss, I am sending you lots of ((hugs))...

15. I'm SO SO SORRY! I know it doesn't help the loss but I do hope it eases with time. I lost two chocolate labs in 2 years, both died at exactly four months of age. I thought my heart would break into pieces.
    I am so sorry this happened to you. Your bunny was gorgeous, just remember her that way.
    In the meantime, would you like my huge pest mastiff doggy to get over the grief? hehe

He also suffers from chronic ear infections and I nearly lost him once. He was sick for an entire week and couldn't move the infection was so bad. He weighs almost 200 lbs and my husband would move him around on a blanket so he could be near me during the day while I work from home. He would cry if I wasn't beside him but he couldn't even move his body or pick up his head or come to me. They wouldn't admit him into the animal hospital because it looked too bad but he did get better. I still have to doctor his ears every day, 2 years later. It is a terrible sickness that does strike fast since it is so close to their brain and bloodstream.

Again I am so sorry for your loss!