RIONI handbags -- any good?

I ordered the *tivoli inspired bag* the other day and it has nothing to do with whether or not I can afford LV. I've owned Chanels, Pradas, LV's, etc and I have learned that I'm no happier carrying a $3,000 bag than I am carrying one that costs me $300.
I don't understand the reasoning behind some of the comments I've seen that seem to think LV has the market on certain styles. That's like saying no one but Hanes is allowed to manufacture a white t-shirt. Ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm kind of confused about this, too. Rioni bags honestly don't even look that much like LV bags to me. If they did, I probably wouldn't like them because I've never been a fan of LV.

If all the outrage is over the Boston bag then I really don't see what the big deal is. The design of that bag is totally different. There's a zipper on the outside and pockets on both ends, not to mention the R's all over the bag. And if it's the general shape there are approx 400,000 bags out there of all different designers with that general satchel shape. LV doesn't own that. In fact no one owns it because designs can't be copyrighted.

Wow, this is interesting because I have extremely sensitive skin. Allergic to glycerin, almost all types of sunscreen, most types of make-up etc. There are approx 3 lotions on the market now that I can use without getting a rash, yet I've never had any kind of irritation or reaction whatsoever from carrying my Rioni.

Reactions are usually due to chemical sensitivities or allergies. People react to different things. For instance mango pitts and turtles are highly allergenic, and people tend to develop an allergy over time.

It's possible there's something in the vachetta on Rioni that people react to. But if your sensitivities (which sound like chemical sensitivities to me) don't include what's in that vachetta, then either you won't react to it, or you might in the future.

Both chemical sensitivities and allergies are connected to auto-immunity, and can be made significantly better with the right, balanced mineral and vitamin regimen, maybe combined with avoiding certain foods and eating higher quality foods (organic, non GMO, avoiding junk).

Reactions are usually due to chemical sensitivities or allergies. People react to different things. For instance mango pitts and turtles are highly allergenic, and people tend to develop an allergy over time.

It's possible there's something in the vachetta on Rioni that people react to. But if your sensitivities (which sound like chemical sensitivities to me) don't include what's in that vachetta, then either you won't react to it, or you might in the future.

Both chemical sensitivities and allergies are connected to auto-immunity, and can be made significantly better with the right, balanced mineral and vitamin regimen, maybe combined with avoiding certain foods and eating higher quality foods (organic, non GMO, avoiding junk).

Oh yes, I've done lots of research about all of that. Try my best to do as much of this as possible...

I guess I'm finding it hard to believe that Rioni alone uses some bizarre chemical concoction that no other designer uses that causes allergic reactions. But who knows...

I guess time will tell.

I ordered the *tivoli inspired bag* the other day and it has nothing to do with whether or not I can afford LV. I've owned Chanels, Pradas, LV's, etc and I have learned that I'm no happier carrying a $3,000 bag than I am carrying one that costs me $300.
I don't understand the reasoning behind some of the comments I've seen that seem to think LV has the market on certain styles. That's like saying no one but Hanes is allowed to manufacture a white t-shirt. Ridiculous.

This is interesting I had a similar revelation on cars, I saved and saved for my dream car, a mustang, and when I was in it, felt no different "after the initial high wore off" than being in my Saturn Vue. Still got me from point A to B so why did I really want a higher note. I totally understand what you are saying.

This is interesting I had a similar revelation on cars, I saved and saved for my dream car, a mustang, and when I was in it, felt no different "after the initial high wore off" than being in my Saturn Vue. Still got me from point A to B so why did I really want a higher note. I totally understand what you are saying.

Thanks. I'm glad someone else can relate. :smile:

So I finally checked out the website and they are quite nice! I like how the monogram pattern is finer on these.

I decided to order one after reading about the great quality, extra pockets and such. I thought if they really are as well made as LV's and other higher priced bags then why should I pay extra hundreds of dollars just to advertise for LV. :biggrin:
My bag should be here later this week. I'm anxious to see for myself what it's like.

I own both Rioni and LV and I like them both. I wouldn't knock Rioni for being similar to LV tho, nor would I say LV detail is superior to Rioni (my own factors).

In all honesty, I ordered a Rioni flap shoulder bag to replace a LV Beverly MM I sold (stupidly and have regretted big time). While I believe LV has a superior canvas and vachetta, the workmanship on the Rioni flap I have is amazing. There is a huge amount of attention to details that the LV Bev didn't have, like a curved interface so the flap doesn't curl among many others. Obviously they are not the same bag but for a fraction of the price, I got some really really nice details on my "replacement".

Having said all this, if I could get my LV back, I would choose my LV over the Rioni - mainly for the larger size, the exclusivity of brand name and quality (not in that order). I think once an LV owner, always an LV lover...

I will probably buy another Rioni piece in the near future, but I may be more conscious to choose one that doesn't look like an LV shape.

Also I recommend getting from Overstock, Sears or eBay, the prices are better than from the Rioni site.

So I'm not saying it was my own personal opinion that I made up based on the fact that I carry LV bags- I said the above statement BECAUSE the store both times I've been in there willingly compared their designs to LV. This is why I say and probably many people say that Rioni copies the LV designs- because thats how it was explained to us when we go to the store. And one of my patients said the same thing happened to her.
But carry what you like and you all enjoy your night.

Do you mean there is a brick and mortar store run by Rioni? So I take it to mean all your patients in question purchased their Rioni bags from this store then? I'm sort of inferring that your practice must be in the area since the percentage for that many patients suffering from Rioni allergens is pretty high.

It's a shame they feel the need to sell their Rioni bags with that tactic. I'm sure the average shopper knows what they are looking for, any hard/soft sell wouldn't convince the shopper who knows what they need.

Do you mean there is a brick and mortar store run by Rioni? So I take it to mean all your patients in question purchased their Rioni bags from this store then? I'm sort of inferring that your practice must be in the area since the percentage for that many patients suffering from Rioni allergens is pretty high.

It's a shame they feel the need to sell their Rioni bags with that tactic. I'm sure the average shopper knows what they are looking for, any hard/soft sell wouldn't convince the shopper who knows what they need.

I wouldn't call it a boutique it was through a licensed vendor that focused on it for a short time, they sold wholesale but they couldn't compete with the other brands available in the mall so they lost it. And yes wrong assumption for not everyone got it from there, most of them ordered it- I worked in a rotation of 3 different areas so not all the customers were from one practice but since i love bags I remembered.

I wouldn't call it a boutique it was through a licensed vendor that focused on it for a short time, they sold wholesale but they couldn't compete with the other brands available in the mall so they lost it. And yes wrong assumption for not everyone got it from there, most of them ordered it- I worked in a rotation of 3 different areas so not all the customers were from one practice but since i love bags I remembered.

Okay, thanks for edifying. It is indeed interesting about the allergies. I haven't experienced any kind of allergic reaction, my Rioni bag is mainly on my shoulder, altho I carry it in my hand time to time and I take care not to allow sweat to mingle with my skin and the leather.

Wonder if it could be from a coating used to keep the vachetta from darkening before use? I read either at the Tano or Bal forum some bag manufactures coat their bags with some kind of protective "glaze" (like a powdering?) for transit to keep the color intact, basically comes off immediately upon owner use. Perhaps it is safe just to gently/safely wipe down any bags before use.

Okay, thanks for edifying. It is indeed interesting about the allergies. I haven't experienced any kind of allergic reaction, my Rioni bag is mainly on my shoulder, altho I carry it in my hand time to time and I take care not to allow sweat to mingle with my skin and the leather.

Wonder if it could be from a coating used to keep the vachetta from darkening before use? I read either at the Tano or Bal forum some bag manufactures coat their bags with some kind of protective "glaze" (like a powdering?) for transit to keep the color intact, basically comes off immediately upon owner use. Perhaps it is safe just to gently/safely wipe down any bags before use.

We thought it was a combo of the fumes from the leather being processed in conjunction to the coating. And the reaction from my experience was never on the shoulder. But I never wanted a rioni bag, both times my friend wanted to inquire adding some hours at the store. I'm quite happy with the bags I have and I don't have to wipe them down or anything, just have to make sure they aren't in reach of my dog or clumsy bf! :P

I decided to order one after reading about the great quality, extra pockets and such. I thought if they really are as well made as LV's and other higher priced bags then why should I pay extra hundreds of dollars just to advertise for LV. :biggrin:
My bag should be here later this week. I'm anxious to see for myself what it's like.

oooooh exciting, do post back and share! Everybody here seems quite pleased with the quality. I rather do like the signature white ones and shall have a look at some of the websites recommended.

i purchased a rioni signature luxury tote in october. initially i was very happy with it. it seemed well made, had nice features, was comfortable to carry, pretty light and looked nice. however, after about 4 months of use the straps are cracking on the edges. the bag was advertised as having leather trimmings, and i assumed that included the handles. leather doesn't crack like this. plastic and pu does. so i'm very disappointed in having spent $150 (got it on sale) and have cracked handles. i wouldn't buy another rioni.