Ringworm!!! HELP!

1. I have two patches of ringworm on my FACE!!! This is so terrible, I don't even want to leave the house, because makeup is not helping. I've used the stuff the doctor gave me (Lamisil) for more than a week, but it keeps spreading. Has anyone had this before, and what did you use?? I can't keep missing class but it's so noticeable. The one on my forehead is the size of a nickel, but I cut bangs so it's not so bad. I have another on my cheek that's larger than a quarter! I just don't know what to do :sad:

2. How did you get ringworm??? I will be honest, I only thought animals got it... Yikes, I'm so sorry! At least there is treatment!!

3. NOPE..LOTS of people get this!My daughter had it once from a kid at school..U need to go to doctor and get the meds for it ...otherwise itll b there ......a dermatologist is the best person to see if u havent already been to one.It should clear up within a week!

4. PS-Clinique makes a REALLY good concealer...comes in a liquid wand....i used it on my daughter when she was embarassed!!!

5. Yes, go back to to the doctor and quick!! My little brother had it on his back and it just grew and grew and grew (like 8 inches wide) until my mom realized it wasn't a rash/going to go away on its own. Then, it took a long time to fade away. I think it is caused by a fungus?

Can you to go a walk in clinic or something over the weekend, if the cream is not helping?

6. I am so sorry this happened to you. Do you know how you got it? Can you go to a different doctor?

Sending good thoughts your way.

7. Lamisil is an antifungal approved for treatment of ringworm.
    If you're already using it as prescribed, you may need to have some patience for it to clear up. Or go to the doctor and get another drug to try.

8. I would try Lotrimin.

9. God, I can feel your stress...that would really suck...Try a good concealer, and then maybe try dermablend makeup..(its for scars..) but it might hide it..I hope it goes away soon. DAMN! Keep us posted. xx

10. I have had ringworm before. It's quite common if you have pets, because I am pretty sure it hangs around in dog and cat pee and/or poo. I'm always cleaning out my cats' litter box and have had ringworm before :yucky: What really works, and this is going to sound strange, is putting clear nail polish over it. It sounds gross, but you need to "suffocate" the ringworm. It's not really a "worm" of course, but this is how it was explained to me by a dermatologist. A thin layer of clear nail polish over the area twice a day works quickly. I've never had it on my face, so I'm not sure how this will work for the sensitive skin on your face. But that, combined with the treatment your doctor gave you, should do the trick. Clear nail polish always works for me in about 2-3 days.

Good luck!

11. Oooh, I'm so sorry! For class, why not just put a bandaid over it and lie to anyone who asks about it? You can just claim that you had to have some derm work done, like you had a precancer spot treated. No one will know the difference. Just be sure to remove the bandaid while at home so the moisture doesn't contribute to the infection.

12. The doctors thought I had this once, because I had a rash, I had to take a pill everyday to get rid of the fungus. The derma said its hard on your kidneys, so if you don't have to take it, don't, but they said it would take about 1 month to go away. They also gave me a cream, but the sooner you can get rid of it the better. It turned out not to be ring worm for me, but I thought that is what I had b/c my cat had worms when I rescued it.

13. my daughter got it from the cat . she had it on her face too and the Dr. told us to use lamisil. It does work but it takes a while. I asked several MD's I work with and they agreed. Good luck and be patient. Don't scratch.

14. Also, its interesting that you say its spreading, I didn't think ringworm spread that fast. You might want to ask the doctor to look at it under a microscope. Does it have a very profound ring, or does it look more like a rash?

15. My neighbor's son had it on his arm. I remember she had to put a cream on it and it took about a month to clear up. Maybe do a web search on it and see what is out there. I am sure there are more than one cream and probably different strength creams. Also one does not know if putting makeup on it will make it worse. Maybe a bandage is better.