1. I like to solve some riddles while I'm online sometimes when there's not much to do. Anyways I thought we could start a thread where we could post riddles and have people try and guess them, so here one to start us off :

If there is a basket of 13 apples and you take three of them, how many apples do you have?

a.) 10
    b.) 1
    c.) 0
    d.) 3
  2. ummm..is it three? i'm not very good at riddles!
  3. yes, you got it right! Most people make the mistake of saying 10 but nobody really asked how many remained inside the basket...

anyways here's another one:

How many 2-cent stamps does it take to make a dozen?

a.) 6
    b.) 12
    c.) 10
    d.) 0
  4. b. 12
  5. As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with 7 wives.
    Every wife had 7 cats, every cat had 7 kittens.
    How many were going to St. Ives?
  6. correct! It takes 12- 2 cent stamps to make a dozen of course. It takes 12 of anything to make a dozen.

Thomas and Steve go down to the beach to collect sea shells. They take one bag with them. How many shells can they put in the empty bag?

people feel free to add to this thread by adding on your own riddles.:flowers:
  7. 7 ?
  8. 1 -- just you
  9. 0 -- after you put one shell in the empty bag, it is no longer empty
  10. Yes, I'm an absolute nerd who loves to do IQ tests for fun.
  11. If you are standing in a location where everywhere you look (ie to your right, to your left, etc.) is south, the sun is shining bright, and there is a small house in the distance and a boat in the opposite direction going 80 miles an hour, what color are the bears?
  12. White?
  13. i dunno, but i wanna know.. telll us