Riddle 3 & 4

1. Okay, the first two were just solved way to quickly. I thought I would keep ur minds occupied with two riddles instead of one.

The first:
    I am the ruler of shovels
    I have a double
    I am as thin as a knife
    I have a wife
    What am I?

And the second, a story one:

Old Mr. Tidy was found dead in his study by Mr. Fiend. Mr. Fiend recounted his dismal discovery to the police. "I was walking by Mr. Tidy`s house when I thought I would just pop in for a visit. I noticed his study light was on and I decided to peek in from the outside to see if he was in there. There was frost on the window, so I had to wipe it away to see inside. That is when I saw his body. So I kicked in the front door to confirm my suspicions of foul play. I called the police immediately afterward." The officer immediately arrested Mr. Fiend for the murder of Mr. Tidy. How did he know Mr. Fiend was lying?

Irishgal can you get those? :biggrin:-enjlux
  2. Pass.......aaaaaaaand......Pass. My brain don't work nomore.
  3. Hang on......King of Spades (for the first one)?
  4. Good ones...not a clue.
  5. I think Cal is right with the King of Spades!

And for the second one, if there was frost on the window, then how could Mr. Fiend have seen the study light? I don't know.
  6. Orr...is it because frost can't form on the outside because there is heat coming from the lamp in the room. Also, if there was frost outside, there has got to be some condensation inside which will fog up the window.
  7. OPO:huh::huh:h shu thats a good answer!!
  8. Frost forms only on the inside of a window, this I remember from Physics 101, so the police arrested him due to his lie, he did not wipe frost from the outside.
  9. Wouldn't frost be on the outside and condensation be on the inside?
  10. That's what I was thinking...but then again I never paid attn in physics, so I could be way off!
  11. I was thinking frost can form on both sides of a window, since in the winter, you scrape the frost from your windshield.
  12. he he he....i'm probably way off - i never even took physics!
  13. hmmmm...true. I think maybe the whole frost thing is just to throw us off.
  14. The only thing I can think of is if the door was locked from the inside (Mr. Fiend says he kicked it in), how would the killer get out?
  15. Darn work, I got called away and missed this one.