Reviews and Review Requests!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I thought it would be neat to have a thread where we could talk more about our recent purchases... Was there anything you especially loved? Or hated?

Also, I was thinking if someone wants to request a review for someone else's recent purchase they read about, they could ask here! :yes:

:flowers: :heart:
  2. Did it wrong - brb!
  3. ^ I've been meaning to ask you about that Smashbox powder! I'm glad you like it :yes:

Do you use it instead of foundation? I think I read that in the primer thread...
  4. Product name/shade: Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Face Powder in Fair

Review: Love it! I've been using Bare Escentuals powder foundations for a long time, but since I love Smashbox, I had to give it a try! It's not a full coverage foundation - more of a sheer coverage/evening out powder. The GREAT thing is that it's a pressed powder, but has a shaver in the top, so you just shave off a little and voila, it's a loose powder. Much less messy! My bathroom counter doesn't get powder all of it, and it's a lot easier to travel with. The only drawback is the price (but right now, it's available only with the brush, so the price will be less when it's sold separately).

I use this over my Smashbox Photo Finish primer.

Price: $65.94

Will purchase again: YES!

Where to find it:
  5. You read my mind, Claire! I posted it, but then I saw that you laid out a format, so I wanted to follow suit! Your formatting will be much more helpful and easy to read than a bunch of jumbled paragraphs, which is what I wrote at first! :lol:
  6. ^ Thanks for the review(s)! :flowers:
    I've been very curious about that powder, but the price scares me lol. When it becomes available by itself I'll probably give it a try...

Congrats on your wedding btw!

ps- I felt guilty when I saw you changed it. I don't want people to think I'm a format Nazi! Any format is fine! lol :p
  7. I think your format is a LOT easier than a bunch of paragraphs!
  8. Yay!!! Review thread! Thanks, ClaireBear! :tup:

9. Great idea, Claire!

Product name/shade: Sephora lip gloss (tube w/ angled applicator~~no wand) Rosy Glow

Review: I really like this gloss, it's smooth, smells good and has good color.

Price: $10

Will purchase again: Yup!

Where to find it:
  10. ^ I've never tried Sephora gloss. I should check it out! :tup:

I want a review of Dior pink marshmallow gloss! I know somebody just bought that :whistle:
  11. and another!

Product name/shade: Jane Blushing Cheeks in Blushing Earth Sheer

Review: I used it for the first time today and it stayed put and the color is amazing~~peachy....I read in another thread that someone compared it to Nars Deep Throat.

Price: $3.79, can't beat that w/ a stick!!

Will purchase again: Yup!

Where to find it:
    Rite Aid
  12. Product name/shade: Max Factor Color Genius Blush

Review: :tup: I really like this blush. It goes on well and is not hyper-pigmented (which I like because I tend to be heavy-handed with blush and I am fair). The colors are pretty and I love the three colors in one compact, so I can adjust day to day.

Price: ~$9.00

Will purchase again: YES!

Where to find it:
  13. Ok, Seriously....this thread is BRILLANT!!:nuts: I think its such a good idea!! I really look forward to reading what other people post....I hope this one stays towards the top!! I hope I don't take it over because I could talk pros/cons of product for ever:upsidedown:
  14. Product name/shade: Lorac Oil-free Neutralizer

Review: My mom had a chemical peel around her eyes recently, and we bought some of this neutralizer to cover the residual redness before she went back to Jersey (and her BF) *lol*. This stuff is absolutely amazing! If anyone has trouble with blemishes or rosacea, I would definitely give this product a try.

Price: $30

Will purchase again: yes, for myself this time!

Where to find it: Sephora/online

15. Me, too! I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular thread! :yahoo:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.