Review of Kooba Nicole - my first Kooba!

1. Kooba never interested me before, but the spring '07 collection caught my eye because it seems more "grown up" and I needed a brown bag for work. I picked the Nicole bag because it had a sleek shape and was simple, but with enough details to stand out.

First, the leather is so soft and fine-textured. It's a lambskin bag, which I've never had before, so I'm not really sure how delicate it is. I picked (with TPF help, of course!) the luggage color. I was worried it would be too orangey, but it's a nice warm brown. I see a bit of orange in it, but I think it will age nicely and deepen with wear. I know there's debate about wearing brown with black, but I think this color looks really nice against a black outfit.

It's a good size for me - wider at the bottom and more tapered towards to top, so it fits perfectly against my body. The top is actually zippered in addition to the magnetic flap, which is a nice feature. The inside has some pockets, but it's not really anything to write home about. The bag is pretty roomy and not at all heavy.

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase. I do think Kooba bags are overpriced and probably would not have purchased this without the code. I took some photos for reference (please excuse the outfit), but can't figure out how to paste them into the post, so please see links below.
    Kooba_OnShoulder.JPG Kooba_Front.JPG Kooba_bottom.JPG Kooba_side.JPG Kooba_top.JPG
  2. Congrats on your first Kooba (she won't be your last)!

I definitely agree that with the right outfit, black and brown can look totally smokin' together.

Great choice!!!
  3. Congrats, that's a gorgeous bag-I love the luggage color! It's very versatile!! :smile:
  4. Very nice bag-looks like it's comfortable also! Congradulations on getting a deal on her!
  5. That looks beautiful! Congrats!
  6. It looks great on you and I love the luggage color.

7. Thanks Halocom. I got my Nicole in luggage yesterday too. Now I don't have to post pics :smile:)
    I love it, and like you said. It's a nice warm brown and sooo soft. I'm happy.
  8. it's very nice. congrats. :yes:
  9. looks like a great bag for work, i like it!
  10. Loooove it! Congrats! I hope to get one in Rose soon.
  11. Oh wow, that is such a beautiful bag! I want one!
  12. wow it looks great!! its much larger then i thought in a great way !! perfect work bag
  13. cute
  14. Looks nice! Congrats!!
  15. You will love that bag to death!!!!! It's fabulous!!!!!!