Reveal: Tote in Nappa, Intrecciato Details or the 'Bella-Chute'

Thanks so much for looking and the feedback!
Glorious bag G! You wear it so well and very apt to name it Bella-Chute. I think the wide base is very practical and the chains do dress it up. I like the contrast of the seams with the leather and the leather too, a mix of smooth nappa and intrecciato. I'm pleased to read that it is light weight. That for me, is the real deal breaker for a bag. Congratulations on your find!

In truth, the bag has a lot going on for a BV and that's not for everyone. You've got smooth leather, woven leather, contrast stitching, contrast seams, a chain, a leather shoulder strap, and these holes. If you look at the bag one way, it kind of looks like a face where the weave is this big ol' grill of a smile. I'm usually not a 'lots going on girl' but somehow this speaks to me.

Beautiful! I live the chain detail. How do the straps stay up?...!
Beause the shoulder strap is flat and leather, in my test runs it stayed on well. We shall see over the course of a regular week.

It looks like it's going to be a keeper! And I think its good karma when one happens to be wearing a coordinating outfit when a new bag arrives. Sort of says, "look how great I'm going to work with your wardrobe!"
You may be right. I went casual to work yesterday and realized this bag can do casual too! Like I wrote to you and Mousse, I was planning on it adding a little something to my largely charcoal winter wardrobe.

Nice addition to your collection. Barolo really works for you. Do the chains add a lot of weight?
As you know I wanted to love the Cervo in this color. I typically prefer a color in Cervo, but in this instance the Nappa works a bit better for me. I didn't even notice the chain weight. Because it's mostly smooth Nappa, the weight of the leather may be less.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Nice! It looks great on you! Perfect color for fall. Thanks for the description and all the photos.
I do like it for fall! It's my favorite time of year.

That's a really good sized bag, I like the name mishmash :smile:
I've come to the conclusion that Barolo is a neutral-ish colour and goes with everything.
Congrats :flower:
I wish it went with EVERYTHING but it looks a bit weird with this 'sapphire leaning purple' dress I have. And I actually thought I should get black just so it it did go with everything, but I found it more interesting in Barolo.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Congrats!!! This Bella-chute is indeed beautiful... I tried it before but it is too big for me... Looks great on you! It is indeed quite light --a very nice dressy tote!

If you look at the bag one way, it kind of looks like a face where the weave is this big ol' grill of a smile. I'm usually not a 'lots going on girl' but somehow this speaks to me

Now that you mention it, I see that smiley face. [emoji1] It is true there is a lot of detail in this bag but somehow it looks right. I like the mix of leather, it is like having two variations of that gorgeous nappa. Gorgeous!

Other observations or pros and cons.
Pro: it's really light weight!
Con: the base is smooth Nappa so that's probably going to show wear sooner than later. The bag has no feet so I may have to be a bit more careful than I am used to being.

I stumbled upon this bag and was immediately captivated. I'm really pleased with it even though it's not the traditional intrecciato.

Most BV bags do not have feet

Italians think it is bad luck to put your bag on the floor

I myself would never put a BV on the floor
On a recent trip they made me put my bag under the seat in front of me
I asked for 10 napkins and spread them on the floor and put my bag down on them

Most BV bags do not have feet

Italians think it is bad luck to put your bag on the floor

I myself would never put a BV on the floor
On a recent trip they made me put my bag under the seat in front of me
I asked for 10 napkins and spread them on the floor and put my bag down on them
+1
I am not italian, but in my neck of wood it's also bad luck, no bags on the floor and no wallets on the table.
On my trip i had a balenciaga hobo with me and i put her on my feet and kept like that during taking off, and then she sat next to me during the whole flight :smile:

Reactions: septembersiren