Bottega Veneta

Reveal: Me and the ultimate question of medium or large Belly Veneta.

paepaega Posted By paepaega Posted Apr 10, 2011

1. I've always in love with BV bag. My favorite style is belly venetta. I bought medium belly venetta in Fuchsia last year. At that time, I tried on large belly venetta and my first impression was that it was too big.

However, when I has been possessing the medium belly venetta for a while, I found out that it was not "everyday bag" as I wanted to be. Now I want BV bag and I want it to be an everyday bag. Afraid that it was too big as my first impression, I did some research in tpf but I didn't find the exact thread that answer my question. I went for large anyway.

I've got the bag today and I'm sooooooo happy that I want to share with all of you. I would like to make a clear size comparison for anyone who is in the same dilemma with me.

[​IMG]

What I'm carrying everyday. I can't carry less than these or else I will feel uncomfortable. Sometimes I want to carry a scarf, sunglasses or even a book.

[​IMG]

I loaded everything in my medium belly venetta. There's still some space left but not much. If I put sunglasses or an umbrella, which I can, the bag will be to stuffed.

[​IMG]

And when the bag is too stuffed, it will look awkward under my arm. However, I feel right buying fuchsia medium venetta. The outstanding color makes the bag look dressy. I think a small bag is dressier than a big bag.:graucho: Sometimes I wear little black dress and fuchsia medium belly venetta for a nice dinner.:biggrin:

[​IMG]

I put the same stuff on large belly venetta. There is PLENTY of room left. I can put sunglasses along with an umbrella PLUS a scarf, no problem!

[​IMG]

The bag hangs perfectly under my arm. It IS big but when it loosely hangs under my arm, I don't feel that big anymore. Buying large belly venetta in ebano is also a right choice. The color is discreet and it goes with every outfit.

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy my thread!

2. What an enjoyable thread. You look fantastic with both of your belly bags - congratulations!! :smile:

3. Great information for someone searching for the right size. Love both of them on you!

4. Thank you for this informative thread! You look great with both sizes!! Great pictures!

5. Love your thread! Both bags look great on you!

6. nice to have BOTH bags! beautiful color on you!

7. both bags look fantastic. thanks so much for taking time to post interior pictures and action shots. great thread.

8. Congrats on your new large belly veneta! Both look great on you. Fuschia is such a pretty colour!

9. The belly venetas fit you perfect. I especially think the fuschia for its size and color looks gorgeous on your frame. Congrats!!

10. I have a large belly veneta in nero
    I am 5'2"
    I found when I was shopping for a bag I knew I needed a large bag
    the medium belly veneta I found was too hard to get things in and out of
    When I tried the maxi veneta It looked like a kite next to my body
    the Large belly was perfect
    it's rounded corners matched my rounded corners
    I carry in my large Veneta
    a flap over credit card case
    a zip around wallet
    a medium cosmetic case
    kindle
    ipod and ear buds
    a document case
    various pens and what not
    traveling flat iron
    it is not full
    I could never fill up this bag
    I love this bag
    it is truly a luxury to have a large bag that fits everything and looks great and is not that heavy

11. Terrific choices, both of them. It sounds like you've made well-reasoned decisions. Thanks for sharing with us! I'm sure it will be helpful for many.

12. This is a super helpful thread. Enjoy both bellys and thank you for sharing!

13. What a lovely reveal and modeling photos! You look fab!

14. Both bags look wonderful on you! And it's so helpful that you showed what was in the bag for each action photo.

I agree with you that the medium size is dressier than the large.

15. Enjoyed reading your journey of the Belly Veneta........congrats on the new one, they are both wonderful bags.