Retirement gift to myself

Feb 23, 2023
My retirement gift came that I bought myself… I AM SO IN LOVE WITH IT. I found it on eBay NWT. It’s discontinued and it’s my first black black Florentine. The size is really impressive and I’m gonna do a comparison. I am surprised that she doesn’t feel that heavy for her size. There’s not a lot of hardware so I guess that’s a reason. She fits nicely against the body. The strap drop is great. She will make a nice travel companion. So smoothe and beautiful. She smells great but less fragrant than some other Florentines. I’m not sure what year they stop selling this size. I am very impressed with this big boss Hattie.
Dooney and Bourke Florentine LARGE Hattie drawstring in the color black black.
IMG_7796.jpegIMG_7793.jpegIMG_7795.jpegIMG_7791.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4924.png
    IMG_4924.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4925.jpeg
    IMG_4925.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7792.jpeg
    IMG_7792.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 6
She had a few dry spot but apple leather care took care of that. I will glue her logo lock before I carry her. I don’t want any mishaps. I won’t glue my medium Ivy Hattie unless the logo lock fails. I have to decide if I want the Dooney Bourke white enamel or the gold duck showing… decisions decisions
I’m liking the gold duck… I’m buffing the apple conditioner in as we speak
IMG_4944.jpegIMG_4943.jpeg

Congratulations! That is a beautiful bag and a wonderful way to remind yourself of the accomplishment you have made. That career is not one for the faintest heart and proves how strong of a person you must be and that is something to be admired. I hope you get many travels together and enjoy your retirement. It looks like you're off to a good start!

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Thank you so much. This big, not too big, bag is sooooo beautiful. It’s not heavy empty which surprised me since there’s a lot of Florentine Leather here. In my opinion the leather on this bag is thinner, I guess making it feel lighter. I have seen YouTube videos of ladies saying this exact thing anbout the leather of the large Hattie. It’s about the same size as the large Murphy backpack. The large Murphy is heavy empty and the leather feels thick thick old school thick Florentine.
I am very pleased with my retirement bag. I look forward to taking her out and about not worrying about her rain/snow spotting. Never thought I’d be this excited about black Florentine. But I am indeed excited. She is registered and I buffed til the conditioner was glowing
Again thank you. It’s really been a lonnnnnnng road I hope nobody has to take

• Thanks
Reactions: Lilybarb
Thank you so much. This big, not too big, bag is sooooo beautiful. It’s not heavy empty which surprised me since there’s a lot of Florentine Leather here. In my opinion the leather on this bag is thinner, I guess making it feel lighter. I have seen YouTube videos of ladies saying this exact thing anbout the leather of the large Hattie. It’s about the same size as the large Murphy backpack. The large Murphy is heavy empty and the leather feels thick thick old school thick Florentine.
I am very pleased with my retirement bag. I look forward to taking her out and about not worrying about her rain/snow spotting. Never thought I’d be this excited about black Florentine. But I am indeed excited. She is registered and I buffed til the conditioner was glowing
Again thank you. It’s really been a lonnnnnnng road I hope nobody has to take
Congrats on Everything!
(I get a giggle every time you snap a pic of your UPS guy. 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: mushroomNgrass