Retinol!

i actually just started using retin a because my skin seemed to break out often. and i didn't like how my skin look for the past 4 weeks, all red and tiny bumps along my jawline, depressing. oh yeah, the skin was really dry looking. and i have oily skin. now it is my 5th week, skin is looking better and smoother. i did exfoliation, and the "new" skin looks radiant. those who are using it, do you use it when you have breakouts or just alternate days regularly? i think that once my skin improves, i will use it every 2-3 days.

Hey I am in Europe, and I 'd like to know where can you buy Retin A ?
Thanks a lot,
also there are face creams based on retinol here but they are targeted to women aged 40+ :confused1: , anyways you definitely convinced me !

Retin-A is classified as a drug in the US, so you can only get it from a doctor.

Retinol is a less-strong version, and can be found in commercial skincare treatments.

I've been using Avene's Diacneal (0.1% retinaldehyde + 6% glycolic acid) from the recommendation of the ladies on the skincare board of makeupalley.com and it's helping to clear active acne and fade older scars. I hope that the anti-aging effects will keep my skin looking young too :smile:

Retin-A is classified as a drug in the US, so you can only get it from a doctor.

Retinol is a less-strong version, and can be found in commercial skincare treatments.

Thank you ! actually it is here too, and I know that my doctors wouldn´t give it to me since I don´t really have acne (only few pimples here and there treated by another cream), and anti aging effects ?? they would just say no way you´re too young !
So I am looking into commercial skincare, including MD formulations.

So I have been using retinol every night for 4 nights and have started to break out a little. Normal right? I have heard over and over that it doesnt really clear you up until after a month of use.

Bad timing: it's also the end of my cycle so that is probably part of it too.

so, since retin-a can help with fine wrinkles - is it save to apply it near to the eyes, like where crow's feet would be?? I'm using it for acne so it mostly goes in my t-zone, but i'd like to reap the anti-aging benefits as well!

I use doctor prescribed retin A around my eyes and some areas of my face...have for years and I believe it's the best! I still get some redness and peeling if I miss a few days, but eventually your skin gets used to it.

Retin A Micro is amazing. I've been using it for the past 6 months and it really cleared up my skin. It's supposed to be good for wrinkles as well. So far, so good. Be prepared for redness and peeling the first couple of weeks though.

I stopped using it before I will see the result. Doctor said that I need to use it for a while to see the result. Anyway, my skin got horrible after 1st time use so I couldn't continue using it.

I have been using Retin-A 0.05% cream for at least 10 years. It is way too strong to use the Retin-A only on my sensitive skin so I mix it half and half with a light moisturizing lotion. The one that seems to work best for me is Complex 15. I apply it at night only and use a sunscreen or tinted moisturizer with sunscreen during the day.