Restoration & Reveal, twice in one!!;)

LostInBal

in Bal_derland
O.G.
Jun 17, 2008
Like many of you know, I found a 03 Esmerald First PH and it has arrived today morning.
The bag as you could see wasn´t in the best condition but got it for a ridiculous price and since I discovered how to restore handles.. Also, I didn´t know if I would ever see another like this on sale any more, so went ahead.

Here are the photos of the auth.
As you can see the handles were pretty darkened, sealing cracked and some parts of leather

$_57-2.JPG$_57-3.JPG $_57.JPG$_57-1.JPG

This is what a did:

1_Cleaned the whole bag with Simply Leather ph neutral cleanser.
2_ Redo the whole sealing, even the one of the shoulder strap
3_ Glued all the leather parts that were required included tassels
4_ Restored handles to the original color with natural/vegetal dye and finally sprays with Fiebings leather shine protect to fix the color and prevent color transfer.
5_Moisturized with Loving my bag perfect clean and restore
6_Added a JC skull charm with green emerald eyes I purchased specially for my baby.

And here there are the results of three hours of work.. enjoy!!:heart::heart::yahoo::girlsigh::drinks:

Pics of handles on every side/angle

esta.jpg
si.jpg
11.jpg13.jpg

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    861.1 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
This is what a did:

1_Cleaned the whole bag with Simply Leather ph neutral cleanser.
2_ Redo the whole sealing, even the one of the shoulder strap
3_ Glued all the leather parts that were required included tassels
4_ Restored handles to the original color with natural/vegetal dye and finally sprays with Fiebings leather shine protect to fix the color and prevent color transfer.
5_Moisturized with Loving my bag perfect clean and restore
6_Added a JC skull charm with green emerald eyes I purchased specially for my baby.

And here there are the results of three hours of work.. enjoy!!:heart::heart::yahoo::girlsigh::drinks:

Pics of handles on every side/angle

View attachment 3463518
View attachment 3463524
View attachment 3463526View attachment 3463528
Great job, particularly the handles...did the Simply Leather clean off the majority of the darkening? How much did you have to cover up with the dye?

Reactions: LostInBal
Great job, particularly the handles...did the Simply Leather clean off the majority of the darkening? How much did you have to cover up with the dye?
Thank you much!!:heart::flowers:
No, unfortunately, the cleanser did nothing to the handles because it was not dirt but loss of color. When handles are warmed its just because of that, oil from hands absorbe/wear out the original dye.
So, I had to restore them 100%. The most difficult thing is matching the exact shade of green.

No, unfortunately, the cleanser did nothing to the handles because it was not dirt but loss of color. When handles are warmed its just because of that, oil from hands absorbe/wear out the original dye.
So, I had to restore them 100%. The most difficult thing is matching the exact shade of green.
Wow, you did a terrific job of matching. What brand did you use?

I love how those handles came out too! They look so much better than most re-colored handles, much more natural. Wondering if we can get the "natural/vegetal dye," you used here in the US. Does it have a brand name? And yes, any kind of re-coloring takes a great deal of artistry to match color, and Bal's colors are completely incomprehensible, as they are actually a compound of several shades blended onto the leather. Incredible job you did. Congratulations!

WOWEE HOLY YOWZA aalinne!!! You did a PHENOMENAL job! Super impressive girlfriend! BRAVO:drinks: