Residential Camp!

1. :yes: Did anyone go? Do any parents send their kids? Does anyone have any wonderful memories? Horror stories?:yahoo:

I spent four summers (12-16) at residential camp and absolutely loved it. The memories I have from camp are something I will never forget. I was hoping maybe someone went to my camp as well. It's called Independent Lake Camp in Orson, PA.

Now when I was seven or eight, my mother did send me away to Girl Scout camp and I hated it. I was extremely homesick. It was me that decided that I wanted to go away to camp again, but it had to be my kind of camp...That means, working showers, electricity, and fun, fun, fun!:lol:

2. My daughter goes to an amazing day camp from 830 am-5pm..I couldnt bare the thought of losing her the entire summer..we are too close!!LOL!...I went to overnight camp when I was 9...in Ely,VERMONT...HOMESICK 101..LOL...!!

3. BF got thrown in when he was very young and he was sorta traumatized by it. He had no idea what was going on. Poor guy. I feel bad for him. He still remembers it.

4. I lived on a small island from ages 7-14, there was no need for summer camp! I used to think it would be fun, but I probably would have been insanely homesick.