Reputation Point System?

I was just poking at him . . like he doesn't have enough women asking for stuff already!:laugh
Yes, the rep points are like virtual cash. You can buy little desserts, coffe, flowers or whatever and they little icons are tiny and show up under your name when you're gifted. Cute way to spread good will I think.

ITA w/ you Megs, the last time we tried it it was a NIGHTMARE!

It seems to me that if someone wants someone else to clarify what they've written in a thread or if they're offended by what was written in a thread, they'll come right out and say it.

On the other side of the coin, if someone really liked the way a post was written or thought it was funny, someone will say something.

I just think there's no lack of feedback on other people's posts going on as it is.

It seems to me that if someone wants someone else to clarify what they've written in a thread or if they're offended by what was written in a thread, they'll come right out and say it.

On the other side of the coin, if someone really liked the way a post was written or thought it was funny, someone will say something.

I just think there's no lack of post feedback going on as it is.

Exactly. That's why we're able to quote posts. That's feeback in and of itself.

Rep systems are great for informational forums, like financial websites where people are looking for specific advice. It makes it easier for lurkers to find relevant advice by filtering to only see posts that have positive votes. However, tpf is more like a community instead of a place where people look for info. I think a rep system would be bad.
Another bad thing is new users will get bad rep for asking similar questions to old posts (should I get a size 25 or 30 speedy) and we don't want to scare people away.

I see no purpose here for a point/rep system. On other forums it can be easily abused. For the members on tPF who hang around for more than a couple days, there seems to be little problem discussing the merits of a post. Ane in addition to conversation via PM, I've PM'd members I don't know to comment on their posts. Just don't see enough benefit to justify the possible negatives.

So what happens when people don't agree? Ferk I am SURE my posts aren't the most popular.. but at minimum I am honest. Here is my proposal - 180 days member AND 180 posts. This definitely mimicks my other website. Thoughts?

I don't care for this idea at all. And I'm glad Vlad and Megs and many others feel the same. I come here to learn and blow off steam and have fun...I really don't need my posts to be publicly rated and ranked, thankyouverymuch.

I've always despised the star rating system, even though it's not used that often here. This "rep" business sounds like a nightmare.

Well enough alone. Works for me. ;)

^^^I'm dense and don't understand:confused1: what you mean, christine. sorry to be so clueless.

OMGsweet and Boxermom - I'm a huge dummy. Read Aslan's post too fast and clearly articulated myself *poorly* at best (was tired!). Thought she was discussing something completely different! <slinks away like an idiot...>