Repost:Anyone own Tiffany's Diamond By the Yard

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
I have always loved this necklace and I MIGHT be able to finally get a small one next month in Vegas!
I was just curious if anyone else owns it and what your opinion is of it.
Can you wear it everyday?
I will probably be able to get one in the .20 to .27 range, so not very large.
Do you think it will have enough delicate sparkle in that size to be worth the cost or should I save some more?

I don't own one myself, but a friend of mine does, and she wears hers everyday. It is set in platinum, so although it looks really delicate, it is very strong. Enjoy, and let us know what you decide!

I had my original engagement ring set into a very similar full bezel necklace, and frankly I think mine much prettier, better made and hugely less expensive than the Peretti, even discounting the fact that I used my own diamond.

This is the link to the folks that made my setting and a picture of my setting.
See what you think, I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you a diamond of the same Peretti quality and I'd bet the ranch that it will cost a whole lot less. if it makes you feel more secure John, the owner, used to be a Tiffany VP for about 15 years.

FULL BEZEL SET ROUND BRILLIANT DIAMOND PENDANT

Anyway, I own this setting and I love it. :yes:

C.

kitsunegrl, i have the diamonds-by-the-yard solitaire, and you can definitely wear it everyday! it is such a simple and elegant piece that i truly feel you cannot go wrong. i love how the tiffany's setting is so delicate around the diamond so it showcases the diamond more.

I have the diamonds by the yard necklace with a single stone in about a third of a carat, set in platinum. I wear it everyday. It seems to have a nice sparkle, and at the same time it is very durable and strong. Yes, it was a bit pricey, but I have such a nice memory of walking into Tiffany's with dh and coming out with that necklace around my neck. :heart:

My brother bought one for his girlfriend a couple of years ago and I was and still am sooooo jealous of it. it is beautiful and if I had one I would never take it off!!!

Thank you for the responses! I really appreciate it; I really love the necklace.
I'm have about a month left before we leave, so I hope to be able to save some more $$. I'm torn between getting a solitaire version or one with 5 tiny stones. I'll definitely post pics!
Thanks again!

I have always loved this necklace and I MIGHT be able to finally get a small one next month in Vegas!
I was just curious if anyone else owns it and what your opinion is of it.
Can you wear it everyday?
I will probably be able to get one in the .20 to .27 range, so not very large.
Do you think it will have enough delicate sparkle in that size to be worth the cost or should I save some more?
I have a small solitaire Peretti that I used to wear everyday for years. My husband bought it about 20 years ago. I have since bought the one with 5 diamonds... just for a change, although I sometimes wear both necklaces together.

I actually prefer a small diamond at the throat, as opposed to women who buy the huge size. The huge are so obvious and almost tacky... for some reason I think the smaller range to be prettier and more subtle and very feminine.

When they first came out, and this is going back to the '70s, Tiffany only advertised 4 sizes (I saved the ads... I never wanted to throw them out even though I couldn't afford one at the time... ) and all the necklaces were in the smaller, more delicate sizes. I fell in love!

By the way, the Peretti copies don't achieve the same delicate look, IMHO.

I had a solitaire one, I think it was the .2Ct or something around that size. It is a lovely necklace but I received it from an ex and when we broke up I ebayed it. I didn't know that there are knockoffs of Tiffany's gold and diamond jewelry, I just thought that the silver pieces were bootlegged

I don't think they are trying to be a knock-off... DBTY is a very simple design to copy and many stores carry a diamond with a bezel, on a thin chain.

What I was implying was, that those necklaces never have the lovely daintiness of the original. The bezel is wrong and so is the chain. But that is just my opinion.