Reporting Fakes on eBay: Three Ways

I think one has to do their homework before purchasing anything on ebay. Look in the stores be familiar with the details and most important ask the seller if she will stand behind the item you are purchasing. If it doesn't turn out to be the real deal you have a fight on your hands. You have to deal with Paypal, ebay, cc or bank. So if it looks too good to be true it probablyisn't the real thing.. So buyer beware and seller beware that people will find out about what you do !!

Does anyone know how to report counterfeit items on eCrater and if so, do they actually respond to these reports (i.e. pull them down)?

I've done a bunch of searches and can't seem to find the answer. Sorry if I'm missing something as I'm sure this has been discussed before.

TIA for your input!
:flowers:

Last edited:
although the basic idea of ebay is good - I lost quite a lot of money buying a fake. Pay pal never reimbursed me and the seller kept on selling fakes for almost a year after I reported it. Eventually they banned her from ebay, but so many people must have been conned. I re - opened the case but they still did not refund me.

24 hours ago I reported Marc Jacobs Black Quilted Handbag - 220502834239 to eBay, but it is still there. In the blurb it states that it is a Marc Jacobs STYLE (their uc) Black Quilted Handbag. Is this a fake that should be pulled or does the fact that they admit that it is a MJ "style" bag make it ok?

24 hours ago I reported Marc Jacobs Black Quilted Handbag - 220502834239 to eBay, but it is still there. In the blurb it states that it is a Marc Jacobs STYLE (their uc) Black Quilted Handbag. Is this a fake that should be pulled or does the fact that they admit that it is a MJ "style" bag make it ok?

NOPE.. using the designer's name AT ALL for an "XX-style" bag is a violation of ebay policy. Report it for keyword spamming & explain listing says "MJ "STYLE" bag".
You can also report this one for "misleading title".