Report This Michael Kors

berlander

O.G.
Mar 10, 2009
mod added note:
Please use this thread to report MK items you are 100% sure are counterfeit.
If you are NOT sure, please do not post it here.

I have never seen one! Has anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what the ebay ad said:
"GORGEOUS MICHAEL KORS PENINSULA II LARGE WORK TOTE - Genuine black leather with silvertone hardware. MSRP - $428.00 - New with tags! The bag is approximately 14 inches wide, 9 inches tall, and 4 1/2 inches deep. There are two handles at the top and the handle drop is approximately 8 inches. There is a large pocket on the front and also a large pocket on the back. The inside is divided into sections by a zipper pocket and also has another zip pocket and several slip pockets inside as well. The texture of this leather is "alligator-like". My pictures cannot capture how INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL this bag is!!! It is AMAZING!!"GORGEOUS MICHAEL KORS PENINSULA II LARGE WORK TOTE - Genuine black leather with silvertone hardware. MSRP - $428.00 - New with tags! The bag is approximately 14 inches wide, 9 inches tall, and 4 1/2 inches deep. There are two handles at the top and the handle drop is approximately 8 inches. There is a large pocket on the front and also a large pocket on the back. The inside is divided into sections by a zipper pocket and also has another zip pocket and several slip pockets inside as well. The texture of this leather is "alligator-like". My pictures cannot capture how INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL this bag is!!! It is AMAZING!! "

I'm not sure how to post pictures here, but see if this works, ok? http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayI...K:MEWNX:IT&item=180333089720#ebayphotohosting

The number one way that I know of in telling if a mk bag is real or not is by looking for the tiny plastic tab that is sewn in the lining. This tip came from a former MK employee that I know. Here is an example.
This one is from my black large mk hamilton tote I got from Macys.
I have owned a total of 5 hamilton bags and a wallet and they all have that.

I am from Malaysia. I recently bought a micheal Kors handbag via its Original michealkors.com website. I received the package within a week from my order date, but the hang is terrible looking and cheap. In the website, its leather - but when i opened the box, it smells of cheap plastic. Upon closer inspection, there is a small patch on the left hand side of the (black leather) handbag that seemed to be peeling giving way to a 'brown' color underneath. Upon really close inspection (having saw the brown patch started the alert of fake alarm for me), the stiching is yucky and there is another white patch on the 'leather' holder. Then I found out that all internet selling and etc is actually done by Neiman Marcus on behalf of MK. I just found out that I can't claim my custom duties from Malaysian Custom. On top of that the amount I have to pay just to send the bag back is half of the amount i paid for the bag! So now I am stuck with rubbery looking and smelling bag from MK with brown and white patch and uneven sewing.

Attachments

• defects pictures pg 1.jpg
    defects pictures pg 1.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 61,920
  • defects pictures pg 2.jpg
    defects pictures pg 2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 53,644
  • defects pictures pg 3.jpg
    defects pictures pg 3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 35,382
Those pics don't give me a clear indication that it's fake kuchingbabe...MK bags, especially michael michael kors ones, like loogirl said aren't perfect, i've seen 'lumpy' stitching and rough looking workmanship on bags they have on display in store and they were definitely real. ****ty workmanship isn't exclusive to fakes. yes MK's ecommerce site is run by NM, this isn't something they try to hide nor is it indicative of it being fake.

Beware, there are lots of fake Michael Kors Selma Satchel on ebay. Those are selling around $200, the handle and long strap are wrapped with plastic wrapper.

I just bought a Grayson satchel from Dillards and she brought me one from the back with plastic on the handles. Don't they all come that way now?

Beware, there are lots of fake Michael Kors Selma Satchel on ebay. Those are selling around $200, the handle and long strap are wrapped with plastic wrapper.

I just bought a Grayson satchel from Dillards and she brought me one from the back with plastic on the handles. Don't they all come that way now?
It should be paper on the handles not plastic.

I bought a Selma for my mom for mother's day and there was plastic on the strap and handles. I bought it at Macy's. All of the hardware was covered with plastic film and the MK charm was wrapped in paper and styrofoam.