Report from Clinton, CT Outlets

1. So I stopped by the Clinton Crossings Premium Outlets yesterday evening to check out the Vets Day weekend sales. It was about 7 p.m. on a Saturday night and the place was deserted. Off 5th was disappointing. The stuff looked really picked over and what they did have in the way of Prada, Marc Jacobs, Betsey Johnson, and Cynthia Rowley I had seen cheaper elsewhere online and/or at C-21. Their shoe selection was similarly disappointing.

Cole Haan had a TON of cute pumps at 75% off already discounted outlet prices in addition to the sandals I was expecting to see on clearance. They also had a few boots at this discount range but most of them were pointy-toed so not what I was looking for.

Practically the entire inventory at Coach was 20-30% off normal outlet and sometimes already discounted prices. If you have had your eye on a particular outlet style and don't want to deal with holiday crowds, it may be a good time to go check it out.

Surprisingly enough, the only place I actually made a purchase was at Dooney & Bourke. They are clearing out a LOT of merchandise and I was really surprised at how much I liked the stuff that wasn't plastic with DB written in bright colors (though if that's your thing, they are clearing that out as well). I ended up buying Christmas presents for two of my cousins. One of them is getting a Nile Barrel Handbag in grape ($57) while the other is getting a white fabric bag with pink polka dots (DB logo in white inside the dots) with blue leather trim ($66). Seriously good Christmas shopping destination. This outlet limits you to six bags per year and they remove the tags when you purchase (which I didn't find out until I got home and unwrapped the bags).