Replacing vachetta strap on pochette?

1. I'm thinking about buying a slightly older mono pochette but the strap has a dark patina. Has anyone else replaced the vachetta strap on their pochette? Did it look weird against the darker vachetta piece that is attached to the bag?

Also, does anyone have any idea how much buying a new strap would cost?

Many thanks!

2. If you want to give it a brand new look, besides replace the patinaed vachetta strap, you can also have the D ring piece vachetta replaced. However w/the $ of new strap and replacement of Vachetta, it's safe to say you might want to get a new one instead. :sweatdrop:
    :

3. :confused1: I thought a new strap costs only $35...

I think you can call up 866 to buy a new strap (from what I've heard). You really should try to get the leather leaflet replaced...I'm estimating that would cost an extra $15. :smile:

4. I agree with Bernz. You should probably consider getting the leather leaflet repalced. That part tends to show wear quite a bit. I'm thinking of getting mine replaced as well so all of the leather matches. As far as pricing goes, it can't be all that expensive because the bag has minimal leather on it.

5. Really? I originally thought a new leather strap would cost $80 USD?

I really hope it's $35 of course.

6. i believe for the strap only, it is $35 :yes:

7. If I call up the 866 number, will they tell me how much to get both the strap and leaflet replaced? Also, how long would something like that normally take?