Repairing second hand items

Aug 5, 2016
Hi everyone,

Do you need anything in particular to get a bag repaired? I plan on getting my second hand neverfull repaired but I don't have the receipt or anything with it. Do you think LV would repair it?

Hi everyone,

Do you need anything in particular to get a bag repaired? I plan on getting my second hand neverfull repaired but I don't have the receipt or anything with it. Do you think LV would repair it?

Hi,

I'm planning to do the same and I'm hunting like mad in eBay. From all the readings and Youtubing I've been doing it seems as though if you take the bag into LV store and say you've bought it second hand and would like to repair some parts, first they would take a look to see if it's authentic or not. If the bag is not authentic, they would reject repair service. But if it is indeed authentic they would quote you and let you make a decision on it.

The way I see it, first try to teach your self on authentications by looking at lot of authentic items on the design of your choice, and if you still have any doubts you can ask authenticators here(they do pro-bono). After you've gotten their green light, try to buy/bid only on items(regardless consignment, eBay or other online stores) that has return guarantees so if store doesn't approve or if you have a doubt(sometimes I've heard of bags not being the ones from photo) you can always return it. Most returns ask you to pay for the shipping, but better to pay for shipping for it then getting ripped off of minimum 200+ pre-loved LV.

Goodluck to you!

Reactions: EyeEyeLuLu
Also, once again, some items are simply no longer repairable and Louis Vuitton will decline the repair request (either because of the overall condition of the bag or because specific material is no longer available).

"Free" repair is at the discretion of the SA or manager.
really? the SA's i've worked with have always told me that a receipt = free repairs if the item needs it. and my receipts have always granted me a free repair. i just wasn't sure if the receipt always has to be original or if it can be a copy. when i sell i often provide the original receipt and have often wondered if i can just give a copy instead

really? the SA's i've worked with have always told me that a receipt = free repairs if the item needs it. and my receipts have always granted me a free repair. i just wasn't sure if the receipt always has to be original or if it can be a copy. when i sell i often provide the original receipt and have often wondered if i can just give a copy instead
That is not accurate information. Most repairs on new items (less than a year old) are free. Having the receipt is great but the SA can always look up the purchase info in the system. But repairs for older items are free only at the discretion of the SA or store manager. Otherwise, there is a fee attached. It's not realistic to think that an item would get free repairs ad vitam aeternam just because one has the original receipt.

Certainly, I have gotten several free repairs on older items myself. Many SAs wave the repair fees for regular customers - a way to foster good customer service. But I have paid for a couple of repairs as well.

That is not accurate information. Most repairs on new items (less than a year old) are free. Having the receipt is great but the SA can always look up the purchase info in the system. But repairs for older items are free only at the discretion of the SA or store manager. Otherwise, there is a fee attached. It's not realistic to think that an item would get free repairs ad vitam aeternam just because one has the original receipt.

Certainly, I have gotten several free repairs on older items myself. Many SAs wave the repair fees for regular customers - a way to foster good customer service. But I have paid for a couple of repairs as well.
thanks for your clarification, perhaps they were referring to repairs on new items. somehow it's worse to know that people get different treatment and experiences will vary so much. inconsistency isn't awesome.:-s