Renting?

1. in the Uk you can join be-a-fashionista.com and rent a balenciaga! i hired one from them sometime ago which was great cos I decided that it was too small for me after all. good way to "audition" the bags before committing!

2. You rented from Balenciaga? From somewhere else? What was the name of the business? I'm not in the UK but I'm curious. Did you decide to get a bigger Balenciaga?

3. I know there is a company in the US that does this too. It's called "Bag, Borrow or Steal". And I believe after trying it out, if you love your bag, you can also purchase it from them. I'm not sure if there is any company that does this here in Canada though....too bad, because I think it's a great idea!

4. Gee ... I don't know if I would want to do this. I had a roommate that used to like to "borrow" my stuff (most of the time without my knowledge as I would be out-of-town on a business trip). The *borrowed* items would always come with a stain, or a hole (because she smoked) ... some damage. I've always found that other folks just don't take as good care of your goods because ... it's not theirs!!! So, I have a general rule ... NO BORROWING ... PERIOD!!!

5. True, CeeJay...and I think there was a previous post about this mentioning that fakes would possibly make their way into that "Bag, Borrow, or Steal" rotation- ugh!

6. I rented a magenta first from Frombagstoriches.com and it was definitely authentic ... and I thoroughly enjoyed test driving it!!! It made me fall in love w/the Magenta color. They also appear to have a Dolma first ... I thought it was cool that they had a couple of the more rare colors.

7. i only wish you could buy from them, fiat! that would be perfect!

8. I'm pretty sure it's in Canada now, just not sure what it's called.

9. Actually, you *can* buy from them. You can rent it, see if you like it, and then ask them how much they want for it. I considered buying the Magenta first .... they quoted me $925 for it. The main reason I didn't buy it was that it had darkened handles ... but not badly darkened at all.

10. I think I would have problems troubles returning it:wtf:

11. I love my handbags but when you are paying big $$$ for them .....I have been thinking how often I am using them. The trends change so often and my designers change too. I meet them at the wedding show in winnipeg and thought what a great idea!

12. I think it is a great idea to rent if you are undecided about size or style. I agree it is a great way without committing huge sums.