"renting" designer handbags

Interesting. Well, like I said earlier, I'll keep everyone posted. I spoke to their live chat person again today and asked if it would arrive in decent shape. I wanted to request to "steal" the bag as soon as I could but I'm afraid I'm going to get some tattered mess. They responded that all bags are sent out to be cleaned/refurbished, etc., every single time they are used - so I think that they do pride themselves on offering high-end bags that are still in very "gently used" to "not at all used" shape. However, my opinion still stands that this is a big pain in the !@# and once I see how much theyr'e going to want for this long-gone blue Fiore Audra bag - I'm cancelling my membership. I'm a sole-focus gal!:wlae:

I think the idea behind it is so someone could have something "new" every week instead of owning the same purse and use it over and over again. I might consider IF the price wasn't ridiculously high.

I personally don't like the idea with all the shipping fees, restocking fee, and the idea that for all you know some girl may have toted her dog's poo, something unsanitary in them.
Yuck, at least I know my bags are germ free....

IMO, it's not worth it. Much better value to save the money up to buy my very own brand spanking new bag!!!

And no, I don't think it's stealing, because the company that rents the bags out paid full price for them.

I totally whole-heartedly agree!!:yes: BUT....BUT....what if I could snag this beauty below? I can't find it ANYWHERE?? What if it comes all wrapped and wonderful and clean to my anticipating front-door - and they offer it to me for a song????:graucho: Ohhh...how happy I'll be...THEN I'LL CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP FOR ANY FUTURE CHARGES!!!!!!!:whistle:

Attachments

• 6106_Z1.jpg
    6106_Z1.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 39
Okay. I've officially requested to "steal" it. It was sent via 3 day UPS today so being in California maybe it'll be here by Friday. I wanted to give them time to respond back to me with a price. You don't have to take the price that they offer you. They might not even let me buy it which would really SUCK and defeat my whole entire purpose to this stupid venture...but I will keep the masses posted. I will either have a glowing report or a crummy report - but in either case, I don't think I wlil ever ever do business like this again. No way:sweatdrop:

I think most people just don't realize how expensive the service is.... And it takes a lot more dedication to save $3000 a year to spend on 1-3 purses instead of paying $250 per month....

For me, it doesn't make economical sense. I like keeping my bags. I also like having variety and picking/choosing what coordinates with what I'm wearing. I'm not the type just to carry an it bag everyday just because it's an it bag.
I agree 1000% I'd rather put away 250 per month and have 1-3 balenciagas:yes:

OKAY LADIES. I'm shouting this out to everyone - everyone including people like me who were wondering and those of you who were like "NO WAY!!!" I received my much anticipated Fiore Audra in Blue today (day early!) and....and....drum roll please....IT WAS @!#@#$ AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:throwup: I FREAKED OUT! I was freakin.....the rivets were SCRATCHED, there were areas where the blue had completely RUBBED OFF!!! The leather looked like it had been washed or something - OH MY GOD!!! I immediately did a "live chat" and was ranting with those people - I said you WILL NOT CHARGE ME $30 FOR HOLDING THIS BAG FOR FIVE MINUTES! I WANT YOU TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP NOWWWWWWW!!!!! I'm on the way to the UPS Store (they pay for return shipping - gee, how nice)...and it's going back. STEAL IT? HA! YOU COULDN'T PAY ME TO KEEP IT FOR FREE!!! I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE. Ladies - DON'T EVER USE THESE SERVICES!!! THEY SUCK!!! (okay, they're obviously doing SOMETHING RIGHT if they're in business) - AND I'M OVER IT. Save your pennies - and take care of it all YOURSELF!!!!!! Get your sweet bags smelling fresh and wonderful and ALL YOURS! Boo boo boo boo....:hysteric:

Aww..bummer....I was hoping it would work out for you, but hey, I guess now we will see how the customer service is. That is disgraceful, though, to charge that much and send out beat up bags?! I knew it wasn't for me, *sigh*, now I am just more sure.