Remembering Aaliyah

1. Aaliyah Dana Haughton would have turned 28 on January 16.

I remember hearing about the plane crash the day after. It was August 26, 2001. I arrived at Barnes & Noble to help open the store for business that day. Her death was mentioned at the employee meeting, and I honestly didn't believe it. I had to look at the front page of a newspaper to see for myself.

Her death shook me, because it was two weeks after I lost my grandmother and she was a year older than me.
    I took comfort in the fact that I asked my grandmother to take care of her.

In my junior year of high school, I went to the Budweiser Super Jam. Aaliyah was one of the performers, along with Dru Hill, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs 'N Harmony and Mary J. Blige. I was only mesmerized by Aaliyah. She performed One In A Million that night.

"Back And Forth" is one of my favorite songs.

I also loved "If Your Girl Only Knew" and "Are You That Somebody?"

I also love "Rock The Boat," but it's chilling to hear that song or see the video, knowing what happened directly after the video shoot.

She was taken from this earth way too soon.

[​IMG]

2. I agree - gorgeous and talented girl.

3. Very sad.

4. Aaliyah was an angel, hearing "rock the boat" gives me chills,especially the music video...

5. I still listen to her music. I love "At Your Best".

6. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

10. ^^ I loved her in that music video "TryAgain"

11. I loved her in "Are You That Somebody," especially the part towards the end where she was dancing with the fan.

12. I remember that day aswell I was in a grocery store in Detroit and the cashier brought it up. I was shocked. My cousin said that his friends dad owns the yacht she was on before she died, I doubt it though.

13. Just another SUPER talented person taken away from us so young.:sad: :sad:

It's soooooooo sad.:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

She was great !!!!!!!!!!:heart:

14. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. So sad, and so preventable.