Remedy for Stuffy Nose

1. I caught a horrible cold and have been sick since Monday of this week. I have a sore throat, body aches and a slight fever. The worst part is my nose has been completely plugged since yesterday! It's been really hard to eat and sleep since I can't breathe through my nose and have to use my mouth instead.

Does anyone have remedies to help cure this? I'm taking medicine that has a nasal decongestant, but it's not really helping :sad:

Thanks in advance. There's a really bad flu going around right now, so make sure to take care of yourselves!

2. Hmm stuffy nose, cough drops that have menthol in them can help also taking a really warm shower (for the steam) can help just make sure you warm the room some how so that you don't step out of the warm shower into a cold room. I also like to use Burts Bee's original chap stick, it has a menthol scent to it and its right next to your nose so it can help. I hope you feel better soon!

3. my dr prescribed me nasonex and it worked wonders for me. it help me go to sleep without a stuffy nose.

4. I've had the same cold all week too and was really stuffed up. the only thing working for me is Alkaseltzer (sp?) Plus cough and cold. The kind that you drop in a glass of water and they fizz. It's probably the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted, but it works so it's worth it.

5. I have been sick twice since the beginning of the month so here are some tips... (my whole family was sick too at one point)

turn the humidifier on full blast. sudafed shower soothers. it's a tab that releases menthol in the shower. run some of those under hot water and steam the bathroom for like half an hour. I heard vicks vabo rub on your feet works. also the decongestant will losen the stuffiness, but also use it with a nose spray. I am using xylitol. I am also taking something called d-hist. works great. I had a sinus infection and didn't even take antibiotics to clear it out.

6. Vicks cough drops work wonders!

I also always have to eat some spicy Popeye's fried chicken when I get sick. It always makes me feel better!

7. Find a thin sock or the foot of an old pair of hose and fill it with dry rice or beans, tie the end in a knot, and put it in the freezer for a while. Then place it across your eyes and the bridge of your nose. Dry cold works wonders to shrink the inflamed tissue in your sinuses. You can also buy an eye mask like this (called a bed buddy) at walmart or Walgreen's (it's blue felt filled with dry pellets), if you prefer. If you can't do either of those, cover the area with a t-shirt or hand towel and use a bag of frozen veggies. It's amazing; I promise! :yes: