Release Date for Bon Bon

Caley, I hope it looks more like the actual picture than the lookbook picture. IMO, the lookbook pictures never give the bags any justice.... like th motard line. When I saw them in the lookbook, I thought they were going to look horrible, but when I saw the actual material in person ... I totally loved it. Hopefully it will be the same here.

I agree....a vuitton in the lookbook mostly never does it justice as an in-person viewing does. I think the bags will be vibrant and rich :yes: If not, I'll cry also...lol..

I curious..am I the only one getting pink? I love that one cause it's more smudged and painted looking (for my tastes). I know many are gettting the teal, but is anyone else going to be w/ me and have pink? pretty plz? :upsidedown:

Yeah it's vinyl like the Charms line.

But yeah I know, Gayle, it annoys me that she has hers already. :tdown:

Seriously though....how does that happen? I've always wondered how. Like, do they have a certain amount made already and just allocate them automatically to "stars"...or are they prototypes, etc.? I always never liked how there IS a release date but these people never have to wait either...I could maybe see getting a week before or something but almost a month before and she gets it? I'm so interested in this system...and if there are pre-release dates or some special code of getting it well-well before the public.

It's maddening yet interesting and curious in the same..lol..

:heart:

Seriously though....how does that happen? I've always wondered how. Like, do they have a certain amount made already and just allocate them automatically to "stars"...or are they prototypes, etc.? I always never liked how there IS a release date but these people never have to wait either...I could maybe see getting a week before or something but almost a month before and she gets it? I'm so interested in this system...and if there are pre-release dates or some special code of getting it well-well before the public.

It's maddening yet interesting and curious in the same..lol..

:heart:

Actually it does make perfect sense for celebrities to get theirs in advance- free publicity for LV cause she is famous. The best form of advertising is to see someone famous using it cause it sort of want you to have it even more.

I'm starting to really like this bag, altho I shouldn't as I'm not supposed to buy any bags for a while (self-imposed). But the fact that's it's vinyl draws me to it. Wasn't it mentioned on the summary thread that it may dis-colour over time?

Was hoping it would be up on the UK LV site seeing how the other ss/08 bags are up to see the UK price, guess I will have to wait a bit longer....

^Probably, though there are a lot of different lines that will discolor or fade over time. The silk-screened ones fade/chip (MC, CB, Cerises, Groom, MOCA and Graffiti). Also, Vernis can discolor, the Monogram can fade over time, as well as the Mini Lin.
So all do have their problems, it's just a breakdown of the materials used and is normal.

Actually it does make perfect sense for celebrities to get theirs in advance- free publicity for LV cause she is famous. The best form of advertising is to see someone famous using it cause it sort of want you to have it even more.

LOL, it's funny though cause I, personally...want a bag LESS when I see someone like that carrying it :yes::heart:

LOL, it's funny though cause I, personally...want a bag LESS when I see someone like that carrying it :yes::heart:

Lol same here.
I hate when people refer to a bag some celebrity has as the "so and so bag" (i.e. calling the white MC Speedy the Jessica Simpson bag, or the Mezzo the Angelina Jolie bag). Uh, did they make it? No. :nogood:

Lol same here.
I hate when people refer to a bag some celebrity has as the "so and so bag" (i.e. calling the white MC Speedy the Jessica Simpson bag, or the Mezzo the Angelina Jolie bag). Uh, did they make it? No. :nogood:

LOL, we think very alike :tup: I despise that as well...like it's branded to them. I REMEMBER, when I 1st got my MC Speedy (white), exactly 3 people saying at different points "Oh, you have the Jessica Simpson bag from Newlyweds". All I wanted to do to them was: :boxing: SO annoying, lol....

I hope nobody des that to us with our bon bon's...Oh, you have the lindsay lohan bag! i don't think i could take it! :hysteric: