Reissue quilt alignment

thanks petals12 -- i had her hyperventilating for a moment. i don't think she's really that worried about chanel. even though she's no expert like you guys, she can tell if a bag is well made (and she thinks hers is). the concern now if whether her bag is somehow inferior to ones made in france. if all the 228s are made in italy, i think she'll be ok with it.

i did more sleuthing on ebay and found 2 more MB 228s made in italy, but one that appears to be made in france. there goes that theory! anyone else out there with a MB 228?

I truly got confused because both my reissues are made in France :the one being 225 metallic (got it in January) and the newer is a 228 but not metallic (blk with G/H).
And to be honest I haven't seen a reissue made in Italy before(I live in Europe) that's why I was wondering in my above post! If they're nicely made I don't think it will be a problem as you say! :smile:

i know there has been some controversy about the quality of bags made in italy vs. france
If the bags are truly made in Italy (and not China) then I have no problem with it. If anyone knows how to work with leather, it's the Italians.

Many of my Chanels are made in Italy, including my vintage bags which have lasted decades of abuse... by me. :yes:

If the bags are truly made in Italy (and not China) then I have no problem with it. If anyone knows how to work with leather, it's the Italians.

Many of my Chanels are made in Italy, including my vintage bags which have lasted decades of abuse... by me. :yes:

i agree 100%. i don't understand the prejudice against "made in italy" except that it's code for "made in china"?

Almost all of my totes are made in Italy and are very well crafted. For me personally, the made in France preference has to do with the fact that Chanel is french and a France label sounds more authentic than Italy (and sometimes helps with an ebay sale when dealing with an uneducated Chanel buyer...).