Reissue: Metallic black or Dark Silver?

dark silver! I didn't love the metallic black as much as the dark silver when I saw them both side by side at the trunk show. I agree with rollergirl that it is a matter of personal preference. I think the decision will come down to what goes best with your personal style as well.

i have both but i must say i love the black metallic. i think it's alot more versatile. but i agree with the other girls, it's a matter of personal preference. i sold most of my other black chanel flaps so getting a black metallic made sense for me. but since you already own a black luxe bowler, you might want to get the dark silver since it's such a beautiful color.

I woke up this morning and saw all your replies, really thank you so much for your contributions. The reason why I'm so confused is because both bags are equally stunning. I always wanted a black reissue but after I saw the dark silver side by side with the metallic black, my decision wavers..Hope I can make the decision asap because my SA is calling me anytime soon!

I already have a black caviar medium classic flap so I choose the dark silver and it is being delivered today! I like to have a variety of colors in my bags and I don't have anything metallic at all. They are both lovely and either one would be great.

Do you ladies think Chanel will have the black reissue next year?

it's really hard to say. the dark and light silver was available last season and they re-released it. but sometimes chanel doesn't always re-release popular bags. i know the cruise 08 lookbook is coming out in september so maybe by then we'll have a better idea.

it's really hard to say. the dark and light silver was available last season and they re-released it. but sometimes chanel doesn't always re-release popular bags. i know the cruise 08 lookbook is coming out in september so maybe by then we'll have a better idea.

Oh dear..that means if I miss out on dark silver this year, I might not get it next yr? :wtf: If only I have $ for 2 reissues, I will get a metallic black 226 and a dark silver 224 :drool: Saw your post on that and the dark silver 224 is so cute!

Oh dear..that means if I miss out on dark silver this year, I might not get it next yr? :wtf: If only I have $ for 2 reissues, I will get a metallic black 226 and a dark silver 224 :drool: Saw your post on that and the dark silver 224 is so cute!

thanks! i love my 224 dark silver. it's so cute. the only thing is it barely fit anything so i have to really only bring the bare minimums with me. hehe.

dark silver, ONLY because you already have a metallic black bowler. but if diversifying isn't an issue, then the metallic black it is. i love both equally!

I also am not an enabler.... but........
If you wait till next year, Chanel will increase the price AGAIN! It's been their strategy lately because they think they can still keep clients whilst increasing prices to stray away from LV's market and be on par with bottega veneta. BV's prices are all in $2K's. So get it while you can, financially and supply wise.