Regular Alexa or Small Bayswater Satchel?

Oh lovely - I was beginning to think there was not a lot of love for this little star, but I see I was wrong!

Trouble is, now I'm loving the black for winter, but I just know that come spring, my thoughts will turn to oak!

What colour is most popular in the SBS?

(And how exciting, a lovely trip to the post office - gorgeous bag, what is that colour called?).

x

Thanks! This one is Powder beige with Rose Gold hardware. I would love an oak one, too, it's very classic and so Mulberry!

I saw bayswater in snake prink at Mulberry store and it was very pretty. The same print is now available in Alexa in snake prink.
Its petrol colour though (or flame).

Last edited:
Beautiful bag!

I'm a fellow SBS fan too!

Thank you, I think I'm going to be a fan too! It seems like such a practical bag when it comes to size, and you can carry it in multiple ways.

Stunning. I'm gutted that I never got hold of one!

Thank you! Luckily these seem to turn up at eBay every once in a while at reasonable prices :tup:

I saw bayswater in snake prink at Mulberry store and it was very pretty. The same print is now available in Alexa in snake prink.
Its petrol colour though (or flame).

Yes I think I saw a picture of the snake print Alexa, and it looked pretty! The lock was a bit busy for my taste, though, I would prefer it without the snake-effect!

Just a quick question for you fellow SBS owners - do your handles flop?!

After just two days out, the handles are starting to flop. Trouble is they flop half way only, so are sticking out straight which is a pain if you are carrying the bag cross body

If they were to flop all the way down that might be OK though it might be a pain when you want to pick the bag up and carry it by the handles ....

Am starting to feel a bit worried - anyone had similar issues?

Thanks, S

Thank you all! :smile:

Just a quick question for you fellow SBS owners - do your handles flop?!

After just two days out, the handles are starting to flop. Trouble is they flop half way only, so are sticking out straight which is a pain if you are carrying the bag cross body

If they were to flop all the way down that might be OK though it might be a pain when you want to pick the bag up and carry it by the handles ....

Am starting to feel a bit worried - anyone had similar issues?

Thanks, S

My SBS is preloved, and I also noticed that the handles don't stand straight when worn crossbody, and I expect them to get floppier with more wear. They are like halfway to halfway atm. It doesn't bother me much, but I can see how that could be annoying! There was a picture in Celebrities and their Mulberry -thread of Emma Bunton with her SBS and the handles were flopping down: http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry...ulberry-pics-only-172748-49.html#post22131919
Perhaps that is what happens as the leather gets softer with wear?

Thanks Mllev, I suspect same. I have an East West bays and its handles flop right down given the chance. TBH I like the fully flopped look better after seeing photo of Emma's pink SBS so I am taking a chance and trying to soften up my handles so they tuck neatly down as I plan to carry it cross body much of the time. I hate them stuck straight out !

S

Thank you all! :smile:

My SBS is preloved, and I also noticed that the handles don't stand straight when worn crossbody, and I expect them to get floppier with more wear. They are like halfway to halfway atm. It doesn't bother me much, but I can see how that could be annoying! There was a picture in Celebrities and their Mulberry -thread of Emma Bunton with her SBS and the handles were flopping down: http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry...ulberry-pics-only-172748-49.html#post22131919
Perhaps that is what happens as the leather gets softer with wear?

Arrrggghhh! I made the mistake of looking at the link above only to see my two silky snake Alexas being touted by "celebs" and looking really scruffy and slouchy!! :nogood: Maybe they don't need to take the care with theirs that I do (probably got them as freebies and don't value them) but I really hope that mine don't sag and dip as badly after they've been out a few times. Rather worried now ... :wondering