Regret it?

I love selling on ebay, if i'm not using it i like to clear the space in my too small closet (oh the trials of NY living...)and put the cash towards what I really want. I sell very few bags, tho, the shoes seem much easier to part with

purselova34 said:
I was cleaning out my closet and found a few bags I never use anymore. Two Dooneys and two Coachs. I've been thinking of listing them on Ebay, but I hate getting rid of my things. I have a hard time throwing stuff out/getting rid of things. So, for all you ladies who do ebay, do you regret it if you no longer like/use the bag?

i feel the same way. i was going through my bags last week and found a few that i don't use anymore and am thinking about selling them on ebay. i just hate the thought of getting rid of something that i use to love. i dunno. DH says if i don't use it get rid of it and use the money towards another bag. we'll see.

I feel great about clearing up some bag clutter from my apt! Plus with the extra cash in my pocket I know I can get something I can really treasure! About 2 years ago I had a really hard time letting anything go (so I completely understand where you are coming from).... not sure what changed but I am happier now!

I try to take an objective view when clearing out my stuff. General rule of thumb is if you've not used it, looked at it and it's just collecting dust or languishing in a pillowcase (that's what you should put your nice bags in - NOT PLASTIC ANYTHING) for a year or more, donate or sell it! If you forgot about something or is no longer your style, get rid of it. You'll feel happier that your item is going to be cherished and used again, if not by you.
I think of it as giving my stuff a new an loving home rather than "getting rid" or giving up my stuff.
Once the item is sold and I've sent it off (I often do it the same day as I receive payment), I don't think about it anymore.
Hope this helps,
Kate

I just posted a similar thread in the LV forum.
I already have sellers remorse for posting my bags.
I sold one piece out of my collection last year and the only thing that keeps me from regretting it is reminding myself how HAPPY the girl was who bought it from me.

The bag has since been discontinued, so from time to time, I DO wish I still had it...

i tend to use the $ towards paying off a card i used to buy a new bag... but i agree.. selling a bag means its "going to a good home" someone else wants it, and if you hardly use it.. i'd say its a good thing :yes:

ooo.. good point tho about a limited edition/discontinued item.. i've had that happen with clothing i've kept that are suddenly new again! hee i guess its never easy to say...:amuse:

squsihy said:
i tend to use the $ towards paying off a card i used to buy a new bag... but i agree.. selling a bag means its "going to a good home" someone else wants it, and if you hardly use it.. i'd say its a good thing :yes:

I do the same thing - the old bag goes to fund my purchase of a new one! That way I have something new to keep me happy and the old bag is happy to be with someone who uses her. It works out well on both ends :amuse:

i haven't regretted any of my bags that i have sold. there are still some i want to get rid of... but i have yet to get rid of them because they are adorable-- just unused. so we shall see where that goes. :smile:

I've sold a number of bags on ebay. No regrets, and lots of money to spend on more bags (that I'll end up selling on ebay, and the cycle will begin again). I always set the low bid for something I'm willing to let the bag go for. I never EVER start the bid at a price so low it wouldn't be worth it.

MandM said:
it depends on if you get a good price. Good deal, no remorse...you can use the money for new bags:smile: I only regret stuff that I just give away then realize that I might actually have used.
This is true for me as well - I have sold a Gucci, a Dior and a Juicy Couture bag on ebay - I DID want to sell them as I had moved on to different bags - but I HATE what I got for them - the buyers got great bargains - and I need to learn to sell with more savvy.