Refurbishing...

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
I'm curious about how H refurbishes things. Are there particular leathers that can't be refurbished? Can they spruce up toile/canvas? Can hardware be polished or simply changed? Is this process done here in the USA or sent overseas? And what about the expense? Am I asking too many questions? Am I a pain in the butt?:yes:

Thank you, my friends....I love to learn. :cool:

It is about $80.00 to get a box leather bag refurbished and they send it to New York. It takes between 4-6 weeks. I am not sure about the other leathers. Some of the hardware can be replaced but it is about $495.00. I think they can clean toile but I don't know about the price.

About hardware being changed, I've heard different stories. Some SA's/stores say yes, some say no. Doesn't it depend on the bag as well? It would be quite a task to change the hardware on Kellys and Birkins!

Greentea said:
Yup go Claude, go! He's also incredibly friendly on the phone.

I love Claude ! Always kind and gives me great advice in caring for my bags and shoes.

I just saw him last week when I dropped off a box leather Birkin for polishing. I think he is quite handsome too...:heart:

I love Claude ! Always kind and gives me great advice in caring for my bags and shoes.

I just saw him last week when I dropped off a box leather Birkin for polishing. I think he is quite handsome too...:heart:

I have a secret to confess.......I have a crush on him.