Refurbishing in Asia

1. Ladies, i just wanted to know if there is any store in hong kong with an in house craftsman?

if there in none which store in asia has one?

Regarding refurbishing, if it is only a touch up on the corners of the bag. How long does it usually take?

Thanks so much and would appreciate your replies ;)

2. I believe everything gets sent to Paris. I do know that even Tokyo does not have a craftsman there... at least as of a year ago. I remember a friend of mine brought her vache birkin there and was told it was going to take 6 months to repair. I spoke to one of the boutique manager in HK last month and was told they had to send my item to Paris for repair. But the experts living in Asia may have more info...

When you take in the bag for refurbishing, they're going to clean the whole bag, not just the corners so the amount of time it will take will depend on how many bags are in the queue.

If it is a boxcalf, togo, clemence bag, I'd just buy some Saphir or Meltonian shoe cream and do it myself. That's what I've done for years.... Hope it helps...

3. there is a craftsman located in singapore hermes (liat store) - if u drop your bag in singapore, he will be able to refurbish your bag ... unless its necessary to send it back to paris.

im sure the other gals here from singapore can fill you with more concise details.

HTH! :biggrin:

4. jen, we have a resident craftsman in our flagship store >> Liat Towers. He is on home vacation right now, and will only return in mid October. Which part of Asia are you in? I believe your H store will arrange for your bag to be sent back to Paris, and not Singapore. If you should be in Singapore for a vacation, then you can drop your bag in for a quick refurbishment. If you need a quick turnaround time, the store will charge you an overnight premium price.

5. thanks for the info all about bags, bbbochap and mrs. s.

unfortunately, we dont have a Hermes shop here in manila. I have a friend who leaves monthly for singapore. I will consider asking her. I don't mind the premium price. thanks so much for your help!!!

6. There's a craftman at the Ginza store according to my SA, but the cost of refurbishing bags in Tokyo is at least twice as much as Europe. I prefer to send them to london or paris.

7. Yep, there's a craftsman in Singapore. I cleaned my chartreuse birkin a couple of months back and it was ok, the price for cleaning is I think SGD 240-ish.

8. jen0575, the craftsman in SG is back from his vacation. I was so surprised to see him at the store yesterday. Guess you can send your bag here sooner.

9. And you didn't contact any of us?!

10. I was wondering, do you have to pay for the shipping? And if so, does the cost equal the price you would pay at Ginza anyway?

11. Fortunately, I don't have to pay for shipping. I still have a flat in London from my days in Europe, so I am there at least twice a year. I just drop my bags off and ask a trusted friend to pick them up for me. :yes: