Reference: Hermes Pronunciation Guide

hmm...i think it's "oh- da- goo-wha",coz in french, they pronounce "t" a little like "d" and "k" similar to "g".

I am sorry birking but it's not that way.

First of all in search of didn't write the name properly, she made the bag feminine, but it should be masculine.

This is how it must be written:"Haut à courroies".

Consequently, the "t" is mute. It is there but you just don't pronounce it.

So the pronounciation is more like missbabydolce's.

I would say it's: oh ah koorwah.

(I am french):shame:

heheh! I know! Whenever I read that word, my brain thinks, "parachute", lol! But hmm.. lemme take a stab at this and feel free to correct me as I'm totally guessing.. Ka-ka-weet?

heheh! I know! Whenever I read that word, my brain thinks, "parachute", lol! But hmm.. lemme take a stab at this and feel free to correct me as I'm totally guessing.. Ka-ka-weet?

:s But I hope not. I know that ka-ka in certain European languages has rather icky connotations. Think baby talk and the need to use the bathroom. :yucky:

Are there any accents at all on cacahuette? That would give a better idea how to pronounce, except that on English keyboards I can never invoke any of the accents or circumflexes.

KAKA WHHHeeeet! It's a bird call in some areas of the world.:P:roflmfao: Sorry, shouldn't be messing up this thread or I'll be Sofa King chastised by Jag and Kellybag soon..:sweatdrop:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao:
Is it because it's late for you down under, have you been at the cough syrup, or have you been at the booze??

It ain't a kookaburra call that's for sure.

Ok, I better go :back2topic: before I get sofa king :busted too for hijacking the thread.

Mmmmm..... I would say: "kaka wet"

(Don't worry about the baby thing, no strange meaning if you don't leave that "kaka" part alone. Just always remember to pair it with something else:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: )

"Mmmmm..... I would say: "kaka wet"

i nominate this the funniest out-of-context quote on this forum EVER. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

:back2topic: ok, how about Cadena? just like it's written?? (ka-deen-ah)